cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Algorithms confusing USA state codes with country codes (I.e., DE (Delaware) with DE (Germany)

Because of this confusion, Buyers are unable to complete a purchase because they are told Seller does not ship to your location. DE (Delaware) and DE (Germany). We only ship to Germany through Global Shipping Program but we do ship to Delaware. However, Buyer gets message we do not ship to Delaware. No wonder sales are down. eBay algorithms are the problem.  No need to pay to promote listings because they won't complete anyway. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay Algorithms confusing USA state codes with country codes (I.e., DE (Delaware) with DE (Germany)

I set my ship to location as a Delaware zip code, looked at two of your listings and both offered shipping to me at that location.

Is there a specific listing that is giving the does not ship message?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It's hit and miss. Just had a buyer from New Mexico that said I did not ship to New Mexico. Called eBay and they checked the listing and was told there was no reason for that to happen. It happens when they try to complete the purchase and check out.  The buyer from Delaware had same issue. It looks okay until you try to BIN. I have been getting messages asking if I ship to their address in the lower 48. I got an email from eCommerce Bytes and it appears this has been an ongoing issue with eBay for years. There are quite a few articles on the issue. Unless the Buyer sends you a message, the Seller never knows how many this is happening to. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Just had another Buyer attempt to purchase from California - state code CA confused with Canada country code CA. Buyer received "Seller does not ship to your location" and was unable to complete the sale. Shows in listing I ship to California and is able to put in zip code and obtain shipping costs. When tries to actually purchase with BIN or add to cart the error message comes up. Ongoing issue that has not been resolved!!!!!!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply