cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

1) Zero views on items again today. Started a couple days ago on & off...there are people watching but ZERO views this morning on my entire store.

Anybody else noticing this issue and is there an ETA. 

2) also every time I get the login screen, it says that OOPS it doesn't match. I click again and it allows me in. What the heck is GOING ON

Message 1 of 129
latest reply
128 REPLIES 128

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

I've been on Ebay for 6 years and this is the worst yet for view issues.  Ridiculous they can't fix this, and yes sales suck right now

Message 31 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

Same problem for me. I normally have 20-30 sales over a weekend in a 1000 listing store. I have had 5 sales this weekend. Please eBay, fix this and be more transparent when you mess things up. Sellers are your customers too. We all feel like the buyers are the only thing that matters to you. Keeping us in the dark and not admitting to mistakes which affect our livelihoods is just dishonest.

Message 32 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

Well said!

Message 33 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

Stopped using Ebay for a few years because of all the seller torture.  Just came back to give it another go and here we are again.  How can people buy, if you have no sellers.  I need my views to show.  They do not care!

Message 34 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

Views are visits. We all should be calling since we pay to list and visits are necessary to make sales. The eBay system is BROKEN, and they know it. Confirmed over the phone that eBay sales overall have plummeted from a REP.  WHY ARE WE PAYIING FOR A SERVICE THAT NO LONGER WORKS CORRECTLY?

--Remember the days when Ebay was phun?
Message 35 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

@*lady*madonna* wrote:

Ebay is aware of the problem and has assured us that they are "working on it".

Same. One rep confirmed it today, the MANAGER did not. They know the system is broken and basically non-functional for quite a few of us but it’s been 5 months here with problems weekly, all eBay problems and some problems are ongoing, call 3-4x a week about the same issue problems. Then the last 2 weeks, sales are down 40%, been here on eBay quite a while and this is not normal and not acceptable. I pay fees for a service. The service is now broken and no longer functions as advertised.

Message 36 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

Call daily. No views equal No sales, which means no money to pay ebay. Seems they should be concerned.

Message 37 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

@icons_xrated_supplies wrote:
Same here. I pays 100s of dollars a month and all my watchers went to 0 when my item exceeded the 30 day auction and auto relisted on it's own. Also my view count is at Zero. Totally unacceptable with how much I pay monthly for their services.

Are you calling? Complain. I call and have been calling 3x a week. Going to start calling 3x a day starting tomorrow. Twice today. Speaking to managers.

Message 38 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

330EEAE4-8287-4EE3-9F7E-CA9B6701919F.jpeg

this is an EBAY PROBLEM. 

Message 39 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

@bitbeat wrote:

WHAT???  The end of JULY????????

wth????

if sales remain this slow while they're fiddling with the servers, we are all DEAD.

This is what I said in my request for refunds and credits today. No views, equal no visits, equals no sales, equals no money to pay ebay.  She couldn’t provide refunds or credit but provided a condescending tone, suggesting I didn’t know how to use ebay and it was my items. I hung up. I’ve called over 15x and now get blamed, all the previous reps admitted eBay is having a problem but this manager did not. I smell class action suits.

Message 40 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

@desertfunkos wrote:

exactly man.. they havent addressed it at all or tried to alert us. but they r quick to take our money for sales.get with it ebay this affects all of us equally.no clue if a item is selling or not with no view counts.do something ebay

They are actually just taking your money , at this point. They are not giving sellers views and visitors in order to make sales.  At this point, I feel we are throwing money at them for free and in return getting nothing.

Message 41 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

Notice. NOT ONE EBAY REP HAS ADDRESSED THIS “ serious problem” on these forums. NOT ONE.

Message 42 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

Also sharing all these posts on Facebook. People need to know. New sellers need to stay away. Ebay is BROKEN.

Message 43 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

Still getting dashes and often zero views.... this is going on over a month now. Sometimes counts come up, sometimes just dashes, but either way I don't trust the numbers that do come up AT ALL because one minute they're 1 or 2, the next you refresh the page and they're 10,050 (and I have screen shots to prove it). So fed up. I sell on Etsy as well and I always clung to eBay because the traffic (for me) just wasn't the same on Etsy as it was on eBay... well that's totally changed now. Let me put it into perspective, my Etsy sales have well surpassed my eBay sales in the past month, which isn't particularly hard to do considering I am going on over a MONTH WITHOUT A SINGLE SALE (!!!!!!) Don't tell me it's cause I'm a small-time seller who sells handmade goods or that "it's the summertime and it's just a slow time of the year" because I've NEVER gone this long without selling ONE SINGLE ITEM or I would have given up on this a LOOOONG time ago. I am CONVINCED now that there is a massive issue with eBay. I'm just not sure how they're not issuing refunds or at least explanations - how is this legal??? What business gets away with this stuff? Because we don't "have proof" that something is happening behind the scenes? Take screenshots of all weird glitches you physically see! Document everything! I've actually tried spending some time as an eBay buyer this weekend and shopping for items for myself, and noticed the missing photo issue everyone's talking about on here too... the thumbnails are there but when you click on the item because you're potentially INTERESTED IN BUYING IT, it says "no photos to display, seller has not uploaded any photos for this item." I really felt bad for every seller I noticed this happening to, because their stellar ratings and years of being on eBay lend me to believe they wouldn't just not add a photo for a $200 item. Totally assenine. Sick of the bogus excuses.

Message 44 of 129
latest reply

VIEWS NOT SHOWING

The reason for the decline in sales is simple. Everyone who has voiced frustration today is experiencing fewer views. Not no views (as the dashes or 0's would imply) but significantly less.

eBay codes several algorithms like every other major e-com platform in order to communicate to the buyer's what might be the Best Match. If the system recognizes we have 0 views over several days... how likely do you think the algorithm is to suggest our item as a Best Match? Hence the significant decline in sales.

This has been a recurring theme throughout eBay seller history and an occurance I never recall eBay every acknowledging was a severe issue. I can say with confidence it will be resolved only because it has been re-resolved time and time again over the last decade. Perhaps someone has an attorney who can find a loop hole and close on a Class Action - a feat no one has been able to accomplish as of yet. And I can promise you your calls will only frustrate you.

It's a sick realization but this seems to be the gross reality with the giants in the American ecom industry. Amazon is equally as bad (on the buyer AND seller end) and don't get me started on Wal-Mart... My suggestion? Advice that I haven't taken myself: diversify with alternative services- ioffer... etsy... amazon... etc. Loyalty seems to mean nothing to eBay.

Message 45 of 129
latest reply