cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to complete purchase, no payment methods work

I'm trying to buy an item, and when I hit the "Confirm and Pay" button, Ebay says "Sorry, we can't process your payment."

My PayPal account is just fine but Ebay suddenly isn't accepting it. And when I try credit cards that I know are good, Ebay won't accept them either. These accounts are working on other shopping websites. I think the problem is on Ebay's end. 

Is anyone else having this problem? Can support please take a look?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Unable to complete purchase, no payment methods work

Same problem. Both PayPal and credit card. Been so for at least last 24 hours. Can't find any workaround.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

yup, my customers are contacting us about not being able to purchase our items. It's not paypal but indeed ebay having issues due to the new payment system interrupting paypal purchases or credit card purchases. Ebay representative stated it can take up to 48hrs but we are now going on the forth day with the same existing issue.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

It's now day 4 since this issue started for me. I've tried multiple browsers as well as the Ebay app, and tried both paypal and credit card numbers directly. Still unable to pay.

I tried looking on other sites for the item I want to buy, but only Ebay seems to have it. So I'm stuck, unable to get the item I need, from any source, while Ebay's payment system continues to refuse my purchase attempts. 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I've been able to pay; however the screen changes to German, what are you searching for, was suchst du.

There are other issues that are also occurring at this time.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Foreign-Languages-and-Excessive-Sign-In-Required-When...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@blue_mustang_gt 

I wonder if signing in to ebay.ca instead of ebay.com and trying to check out there might be worth a try as a workaround.

Each site has its own cart system, so take care not to accidentally duplicate an existing purchase if you have already committed to buy but have not been able to pay on the US site.

It is also possible that ebay.ca will have the same issues, though.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I tried Ebay.ca and still no luck. I guess I'll have to call Ebay.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Did you ever figure out how to pay? I'm having the same problem. I've tried multiple cards that are all vaild. Customer service is not helping. I have no clue what to do.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Same problem. The only workaround I have found is to circumvent ebay by having the seller send you a paypay invoice directly to your email. However, not every seller knows how to do that or are not willing to.

That leave you stuck getting no where with ebay who either blames paypay or you and paypal who blames ebay or your credit card bank, until the seller cancels your purchase because they tired of waiting. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

This post has some information on what is going on with this issue:
https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Technical-Issues/15-Feb-ongoing-ebay-Paypal-quot-glitch-quot/td-p/65...

You'd think there would have been some official response.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I had the same problem today, I tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome and they were all the same.

I eventually downloaded Opera Browser as somebody suggested on Paypal forum and it works, I don't know why but it might be something to do with certain browsers security settings.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply