cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS tracking numbers rejected by eBay system, destroying valid tracking metric

eBay's system is (and has been for many weeks) rejecting the upload of countless VALID & actively traceable USPS tracking numbers. We have many customers unhappy because they believe their orders have not shipped - and we will soon lose Top Rated status due to this issue, as other sellers already have. We have a spreadsheet of eBay transactions from the month of February where eBay won't accept/save the tracking numbers for sales records. 130+ orders from last month alone that are counting against our valid tracking metric.  These tracking numbers are valid and were either already delivered or currently in the mail stream - ALL of which can be viewed on the USPS site as proof.

This matter is URGENT and without a doubt out of our control. eBay's Seller Protection policy states that if a defect "was the direct result of an eBay site issue or an eBay program error", that sellers will be protected. How the he'll are we supposed to get this escalated?!?!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: USPS tracking numbers rejected by eBay system, destroying valid tracking metric

are you manually entering these tracking numbers??

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: USPS tracking numbers rejected by eBay system, destroying valid tracking metric

No, we can't. Typically all of our tracking #s are uploaded automatically from ShipStation, but even if we try to manually add tracking, eBay simply will not save them.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

There are a bunch of us experiencing this issue and to my knowledge, no body has been able to get eBay to remove the defects. I cannot even get an answer why, when like you said it clearly says they will remove defects due to site issues. 

Here is an ongoing thread on the issue. https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/REALLY-Annoying-Adding-tracking-number-does-not-register-save/...

What's worse is, a buyer opened an INR case on one of these orders and the case wouldn't accept the tracking either to prove it was delivered. We might be taking monetary losses on this issue now as well. We're being told it's a "Known issue" and "Being worked on" but are not making it right in terms of the metrics.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Yeah, I read the other couple of threads. Just wanted to post a new one in hopes of additional visibility/attention. eBay responded to a new email I sent, where they thoroughly acknowledged this as an issue and said we can send them an excel sheet of all of the affected orders that appear in our defect report, and they will at least TRY submitting them for removal. It's the best we've got right now.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I have had item NEVER show up on tracking.

I never knew what happenede to the pakage.

And then--------I have at times received postitive

feedback from buyer.   That is the only way that

I knew it was not lost.

It is VERY WORRYING, EBAY--------

Yesterday, the guy who picked up a package tried to scan it.

DIDN'T WORK. 

THEN HE TYPED IN THE NUMBER----STILL DIDN'T WORK.

EBAY DOES NOT CARE, FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply