cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typing Lag when responding to a case?

I had a missing shipment case opened today, got it resolved, but what is the issue with typing some places on eBay?  When trying to respond to the buyers question it was a royal pain, i had to type one letter at a time and wait about ten seconds between each letter to get it to register.  Tried on two different computers, three different browsers, so it doesn't appear to be on my end.  I searched and i see some old posts from a couple years ago talking about a Grammarly plugin, i don't have that or anything like it, i tried Chrome which is my main browser, Edge, and FireFox, they all do it.  I had to give up and start a file on notepad to type it in at my normal speed then copy and paste the text to eBay so i didn't have to wait fifteen minutes to type a couple sentences.  It does it now and then in the listing tools also when creating a listing for sale.  eBay messages seems to work fine, but resolution center lags like crazy.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Typing Lag when responding to a case?

I seem to get this problem a lot but only with messages. Your fix of using a notepad is my go to solution when it happens. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

It's odd, just happened again today.  I just keep opening notepad, type up the whole response, copy and paste and submit... I don't understand what's going on with their system that i can't even type at a normal speed in the box.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I'm also having this issue.... I use MS Edge, I don't have Grammerly and I turned off the Edge spell and grammer check. This only happens with eBay messages. Typing here and everywhere else is normal. 

Joshua Trenge
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Any difference if you use a different browser?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I  was a long time Firefox user… and never had the issue before. Next time it happens I’ll try Firefox.

I do have a feeling it’s only Edge… 

Joshua Trenge
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Same issue for months, no solution. It's pathetic. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply