cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical issue nightmare-lost money

By now, everyone who buys or sells knows of the technical issues. My question, will eBay be refunding us money? Will they cover my losses? I had 8 auctions alone last night that ended with just one bid, and all of those were bids that happened BEFORE the glitches really took hold. There are people complaining everywhere that they couldn't bid on items or weren't getting bids on the items they sold. I had several people make offers on my items but I couldn't respond to, or if I could, they couldn't respond back, what happened late yesterday was ridiculous. This is 100% at the feet of eBay! If they couldn't resolve the problem, they should have shut things down until they could. I estimate my losses at least $100.00+  and I'm small time compared to alot of sellers on eBay.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

An small update to my original posting for the sellers that got shafted because of the glitch yesterday. After calling eBay and spending about 10 minutes and being handed off to 3 different customer service reps, the third Rep said that what happened yesterday shouldn't have happened and they were resolving the issues as we spoke.  After I asked him what eBay was going to do about my lost money from frozen bids etc. he waived all sellers fees for anything that sold yesterday. It's not much but at least it's something so any sellers that feel they lost money yesterday, at least you can recover the 10.7% fee from any sales that occured on Sunday. I would call them because I'm sure they won't be making this public!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Same thing happened to me  my auctions disappeared before their scheduled ending time, and buyers could not bid - I took a large loss on many items.  And, of course you have to honor these auctions.  If we cancel any that are suspect, then Buyers can leave us negative feedback with no repercussions.  I feel ripped off and scammed.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi

Good to hear you’ve had your fees refunded. Unfortunately I’m having no luck having any fees refunded for last night’s chaos. There needs to be consistency with eBay re refunding fees, very frustrating.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

There's an even larger issue regarding refunds through managed payments. I have spoken to dozens of ebay reps over the last 3 weeks because a $1629 refund was processed and supposedly completed through my account, paying the buyer back and ebay taking the money directly from my bank account, but NOT releasing the $1629 hold on my account, effectively keeping my account negative funds for over 21 days and counting. I had finally spoken to an ebay rep named Magdalia F who has escalated this to her supervisor Gary regarding this so called technical glitch. eBay has continued to waste my time by not recognizing that this is a technical error on ebay s part by keeping the $1629 hold on my account. They've tried to say it's a High Value Claims issue also, but this has nothing to do with having someone in the High Value Claims department review anything further. The buyer was refunded Mar 23, and i paid ebay Mar 26th $1629 out of my personal bank account. The case has been closed and they are choosing not to simply have a technician go to my account and simply remove the $1629 hold. Ebay continues to throw me into black hole with ebay reps who have no idea what they are doing, setting up a class action lawsuit, given that i have documentation of ebay reps stating there is a known technical issue since Mar 1, yet continuing to let sellers sell (at their own risk) and collecting money. I have worked in the dot com space for 25 years so i know ebay has the power to go into my account and simply remove the hold on the $1629 with the click of a button. Currently ebay is holding $1200 of mine which continues to appear as a negative $380 due to this mysterious hold that they won't lift so I am out the money and the product. Paypal was platinum compared to this managed payments nightmare.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

He has been nothing but a nightmare for the last three years but for the last six months I’m not getting any high offers when I go in to look at the offers they’ve expired I’m checking every day they promised me a refund with all my last sales with your thousands of dollars. Then they lied about offering me a refund. They’re a complete **bleep** nightmare! They had my accounts and shops in vacation mode I wasn’t getting any emails no notifications or anything. I’ve been arguing with them for six months to fix my stores and I haven’t gotten this on a single offer on anything in over six months the offers are going through so I can’t even except them and every single offer they came through I would’ve excepted. I can’t believe eBay is such a nightmare after 23 years I’m probably gonna shut my shops down because I’m selling on other sites constantly ! 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply