cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical error message when sending invoices

E-Bay keeps giving a technical error message when I try to send invoices to buyers that bought more than a couple of items and states try again later . Haven't been able to send these invoices for 2 days. Anyone else having that issue?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Technical error message when sending invoices

@wastingtime101 wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@wastingtime101 wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

Hi @wastingtime101! I've updated the Tech Board link with the info for the invoice issue. 

Can we please get it added back to the pinned post (again) velvet@ebay? I'm noticing a pattern - this invoice error pops up around the same time each month on this board. Check the dates on the posts above mine.

This new post created today has a bunch of responders confirming it's not just a one-off:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Something-went-wrong-Please-try-again-late... 

Hey @wastingtime101! I did a little research and I see the tech team noted this on a recent ticket:

The items sellers are reporting are considered "Autopay" which prevents an invoice being sent.

Autopay would be considered something like Immediate payment being required in listings. So for auctions, that would come into play if the seller used the 'Require immediate payment when buyer uses the Buy It Now' feature. It sounds like they are looking to find a way to improve the member experience though, so that's good to see. 

A quick call out I want to make if sellers aren't requiring immediate payment, is to double check their shipping preferences to ensure they've checked the box to, "Allow buyers to send one combined payment for all items purchased".  

Thanks for all that info velvet@ebay. That will help me and I'm sure @eburtonlab help others when invoicing issues pop up.

Having said that, it looks like a lot of users are reporting the problem since yesterday so it appears something changed overnight. Multiple new threads popped up on both the Selling and Tech Issues boards between late yesterday and today. Is there a new, separate invoicing issue happening or has tech already researched these new reports and confirmed it ties back to the info you posted above? Could you check on that for us, Velvet?

There are too many new reports in the last 24 hours to dismiss straight off the bat without checking to see if something may have gone awry or changed systematically.

It's the latter @wastingtime101. The ticket I found and referenced above was from earlier this morning so it was a result of the reports that were coming in. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 46 of 52
latest reply

Got it, thanks again. That's very helpful.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 47 of 52
latest reply

Hi Velvet, revised combined shipping invoices are not working again. It is just like in this conversation with you 2-18-22. I have a very important 23 pc. order from a repeat buyer waiting for a revised shipping invoice. I have tried multiple times on 3 different browsers. All you get is a big red box and "Something went wrong. Please try again later".  This function is and has always been extremely helpful to my business. Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 48 of 52
latest reply

I am having an issue with the same thing since last night. I keep getting the red box to try again later. I tried on my phone via the app, browser and on my computer, but keep getting the same message. Not sure what to do or if there is a work around.

Message 49 of 52
latest reply

Hello, please add me to the ticket. I am trying to send an invoice with 13 items and get the same red "Something went wrong. Please try again later." banner

Message 50 of 52
latest reply

this still isnt fixed

Message 51 of 52
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 52 of 52
latest reply