cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical error message when sending invoices

E-Bay keeps giving a technical error message when I try to send invoices to buyers that bought more than a couple of items and states try again later . Haven't been able to send these invoices for 2 days. Anyone else having that issue?

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Technical error message when sending invoices

This is also broken in the eBay app for Apple - I get the same error no matter how I try to create a combined invoice. 

Message 16 of 52
latest reply

There is another thread on this topic with other users reporting the same issue: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Unable-to-send-invoices/m-p/32713945#M9611...

Message 17 of 52
latest reply

3 days now for me. I have tried to send invoices at least 10 times a day. Both at night and in the day from 3 different browsers. How long could it possibly take to fix? I am losing repeat buyers trust here

Message 18 of 52
latest reply

Can we has a status on the ticket for this error?   I need to send out more invoices and it still doesn't work (for accumulations as small as 10 items).   Where do we go next to kick this problem up a level?

Message 19 of 52
latest reply

8 items and 5 days later. Nothing. I won't have much payout this week. But I will have mad buyers. 

Message 20 of 52
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

Any update? Still seeing new posts about this issue.

Message 21 of 52
latest reply

Just got off of the phone and with someone who was just patronizing.  No status except that the technical team is working on it.  Invoices still fail for as little as 6 items (this has been over 6 weeks).  Why can't a proper fix date or workaround be provided?  I've been here for 25 years and I'm very disappointed in the E-Bay response.

Message 22 of 52
latest reply

@carlqsportscards wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Any update? Still seeing new posts about this issue.

Hi @carlqsportscards! I checked on the ticket and it's been updated to Resolved as of yesterday. They say if sellers are still experiencing this they've found it's due to API delays. They suggest trying to create a new invoice at a later time. 

As for sending invoices in the app @realmsofnight, this is not currently a feature that's allowed. While buyers can add several items to their Cart, they need to request an invoice (and thus a seller must send an invoice) via the website. The mobile team is aware of the desire to be able to send invoices via the app though and they're appreciative of suggestions for enhancements from our members.  

Velvet,
eBay
Message 23 of 52
latest reply

Velvet,

Thank you for updating the status.  I just sent out a bunch of problem invoices and the problem appears to be corrected (yeah).

herbvan

Message 24 of 52
latest reply

This problem reoccurs.  I have complained on the boards in the past.    Sometimes the system generates the invoice anyway so I am flooding a customer with invoices. 

It seems the Ebay system can't handle combining more than 1 or 2 auctions and BINS together, at some times, for some reason.  

Message 25 of 52
latest reply

This is still going on with larger invoices (30-40 items).  They did a fix a few weeks ago which made it better but didn't cover everything.  The problem seems to be in the way that they process each invoice and issue an access to their database.  They use an Application Program Interface) to do that access and when used for a larger number of items, it fails or times out and just stops.  At that first error, the whole process ceases and then you get the "Something Is Wrong" message.

A little better design is need for this but doesn't seem to get delivered in a timely manner.

Message 26 of 52
latest reply

There used to be info here on how to report it and the info CS requires, but it looks like eBay removed the info. Can you please add it back velvet@ebay? This is one of those resolved issues that you said might flare up again.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 27 of 52
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

There used to be info here on how to report it and the info CS requires, but it looks like eBay removed the info. Can you please add it back velvet@ebay? This is one of those resolved issues that you said might flare up again.

Hi @wastingtime101! I've updated the Tech Board link with the info for the invoice issue. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 28 of 52
latest reply

Screenshot 2022-04-12 134137.jpgDoes it ever work? I find that it frequently doesn't and just give up. Speaking of which, clicking on print labels in bulk now shows items that I have already shipped and is broken. Oh, and the total value on items awaiting shipping is a mystery. Fathom that - the devs at eBay just throw their code over the fence and introduce new problems because they forgot to test.

It doesn't help that the response to the invoice when it fails comes back as a 200 ok when it clearly isn't ok. Given it's "ok" means that if someone at ebay is looking at metrics, they'll never think they have a problem. #DevsAtEbaySuck

Message 29 of 52
latest reply

This problem appeared to be resolved and got better but it's back again.  Invoice has 38 items and will not generate.  Times out over and over again (sometimes it fails when trying to just display the Generate Invoice page).  I've tried 5-6 times a day for the past 4 days.   This "ongoing" issue has been around for 6 months. 

If I have to listen to another E-Bay help desk person tell me that they are sorry that I'm having problems, I'm going to scream.  Why can't this be corrected?  Please just resolve the problem.

Message 30 of 52
latest reply