cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store promotions/markdown manager not taking

This weekend, none of my sales would take. I put my entire store on sale as I always do and the sales said "active" but, no items were put on sale all weekend. 

I called ebay Saturady, was told I could try it again, so I ended up trying to get the store on sale via categories, all inventory, a few items. Not one item went on sale.

Background, My store has been on sale via markdown manager for 8-10 years.

Its always on sale, its just marketing and it works. I could drop my prices by 20% but I dont sell as well. I reun my sales for 48 hours, they end at 10am, I get them back on by 11am.

One ebay rep saturday told me it was active and should be working. The ebay rep I called Monday morning, just now, told me there needs to be a 48 wait between sales?

Ive never heard of such a thng, definately not with markdown manager and the first ebay rep didnt mention anything.  The wait for cs has been brutal, even for those of use doing 500k/yr in sales. Im wondering if their new help has no idea what they are doing.

Is anyone having this problem?

My half solution is to ower my entire store prices by 20% and not use the sale, its not the same and if ebay is really incorporating this nonsense rule to save them bandwidth or some such thing, they just cut my sales. The issue with lowering my prices is they recently removed the edit 500 items at a time option. Its down to 200. I keep hearing its a mistake and they are working on it but that means with my 5000 items , I need to edit 25 pages, which is about 2 hours just to get to a half measure spot in sales.

The worst part of all of this, today usps is starting a package count to see if they can get me on a special pickup route. Well guess what, allmost no sales all weekend. I do 15 packages a day typically. Today I did 2. So our one chance of getting a special pickup route is going down the drain. USPS has picked up for 10 years but the past 2 years, carriers keep leaving our route. Everytime, were in between we get no pickups multiple times, no scans multiple times. Even on days when I see no carrier and physically take it to the PO, there is 100 packages on the counter and we get scanned late, they just thrown them in a mail cart.

Ebay keeps saying "upgrades" but everything Im seeing is a downgrade. Already lost 20% fvf for something that didnt effect us. Now the 10% left ($400 mo.) is dwindling becasue usps hates ebay. If we had a regular carrier its fine, this is beyond our control. So if that discount is gone because I cant get scans even if i take 55 weekend packages to the post office (This is a big job box full, like not fit in the car amount). I efefctively lose $800mo.  And before anyone says ups or fedex, trust me , weve priced and no small affordable packages for the little things, we'd be paying much more and still having issues with pickups and tracking.

Everytime some new change comes, I jump through the hoops, everytime it costs me money and time. I literally have ran down the street yelling after a mailman to get pickup my stuff, which has been picked up from a lockbox at this location for 5 years.

So back to my question, anyone know if its true that you must wait 48 hrs before putting the same items on sale? Anyone use markdown manager until a few days ago having the same problem. 

I'm already very annoyed so trolls ont reply, ive sold 23,000 items on ebay and call and email constantly trying to keep up with all the misteps. The beginning of the year it was terror returns, no fvf's applying without me calling, sometimes multiple times. Now I cant get a scan and ebay knows this is an issue, now I cant get my store to do the same sale it has for years, now I cant get cs n the phone for 45 minutes or merchant support email response for 4 days.

AAARGGH

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Store promotions/markdown manager not taking

Same thing,  even promoted listings isnt working for me now.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I am having the exact same problems.  I don't know what to do.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I'm having the same issue. I set up a store promotion today that 'says' it's active, but it's not showing up on any of my listings.

I called eBay.  ebay rep told me it was active and he could see it on my listings.

He told me to log out and look at my listings as a guest, so I did but that didn't let me see the promo either.

So I tried a different browser without logging in. Still no go.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

They know its a problem now.  Ive lost half of my sales in the last few days and spent hours changing prices. This one really screwed me as I'm doing 6 packages a day when usps is counting to see if I can permanently get on the route. I do 2x3 times that 7 days a week for years with a slow day here and there or a crazy huge day. Timing could not be worse.  I started calling ebay on saturday & even on monday, they suggested using Markdown manager but it was not available either time.

It was a confirmed problem as of monday.

Losing thousands in sales.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Having the same problem...been using markdown manager for years, and I do a sale now which shows as "active" but it's not. Have talked to CS and supervisors everyday this week and all I hear is "they are aware of the problem and the tech dept. is working on it". I'm so frustrated, since I use it all the time and am very concerned that with the holidays coming, it seems every day there's a new problem. Has anyone figured out a way to circumvent the problem with a "backdoor fix"?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

January now (months later) and I am having same problem.  I set up a promotion with listings, it says active but with zero listings.  When I click on it, it says that each listings were skipped, (Skipped: Price).

Has anyone resolved this yet?

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I too am having this same problem.

It's doing my head in.

Not sure what to do next? Solutions anyone?!

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

They only one thing we all know is ebay sucks a giant c0ck and in 2 years will be out of business because they **bleep** sellers daily!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

reschastor
Adventurer

I

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Still have this same issue. It's been almost a year since the first post, and they haven't fixed it? 

It's very frustrating!

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Hi, same thing here, 500 items skipped price, aproximatte 2 months tryying to solve this and nothing, ebay support doesnt know  how.

Any help? Thanks.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

14 day wait for sales previous sale items, they have a skip so be careful if you lower a price a skipped item will go on sale 14 days later in the sale automatic
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I just put about 40 items on sale that were all listed for the first time this week.

ALL of them got the SKIPPED: PRICE treatment.

This is a huge shame on ebay’s part. What should I do as a seller? Is it worth trying to call CS?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

I marked everything down and waited 14 days and then the stupid sale kicked in. Now I don't think I can change my prices to make it profitable? So I fell out of search (unrelated, I believe) and now if I DO sell something, it's at a loss. Awesome =( 

Anita at ModelSupplies & DNAshopper

Message 15 of 18
latest reply