cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Items Remain in Active Selling List

Whenever I have an item that sells, it remains in my Active list in Selling and I have to manually end the item to remove it.

It does not appear to be visible to buyers as being available, but does anyone know why sold items are not being removed from Active automatically?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Sold Items Remain in Active Selling List

So, the Out of Stock option is useless?

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

The Out Of Stock option functions exactly as it was intended. I'm not sure why you'd think it is useless.

There is a longstanding eBay glitch which relists sold items that have ended. It has nothing to do with the OOS option.

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

I already disabled the out of stock option but sold product are still showing in the active listing and eBay selling API also. Please help me to solve this issue.

osbornem78_0-1613968168975.png

osbornem78_2-1613968394249.pngosbornem78_3-1613968417128.png

See my API response: Click here

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

That’s so weird because the same thing has been happening to me and I have to end the listing because I’m afraid that the item will sell. I never checked to see if someone else could see it though.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Happening to me too.  No explanation so far?

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

Did you get help? Another made it sound like someone going with posting master name helped. I can’t find help n this. Very annoying issue. 

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

This problem happened to me today (01/10/2022), and I did not use the "out of stock" option. I sold a Buy It Now item, the buyer paid for it, I shipped it, I marked it as shipped, I added a tracking number, and the item is still listed as active. I called eBay, who put me on hold for about 10 minutes. When the rep came back, she said it seems that it's an eBay bug. It's a small issue, but I really wish they'd resolve it because it has the potential to create confusion, especially if every sold item listing behaves this way.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

This has been happening to me for months. I've called and was told "glitch." And I have had a sold item resell and paid, so I had to apologize for eBay's mistake and cancel the order! I never opted in for an "Out of Stock" setting.  I guess I just go through and delete the listings manually. Grrr.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply