cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Down

I have been trying to edit my Store all day long and I keep getting an error message that the servers are down.  When are they going to be back up?  

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Server Down

We are just ebay sellers and buyers here...........if you really want an indication of when, you are going to have to call........and even then I doubt anyone can give you the time. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

Day 2 receiving this message when I try to edit my store:

ebayserversdown.JPG

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

I'd rather post it here.... in the Community for all to see.  I'm paying for a store and the server Ebay stuck me on doesn't work.  That's a major problem and it shouldn't take days for someone at Ebay to see a server is down.... it should take seconds/minutes.  

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

@webwanna 

I'm paying for a store and the server Ebay stuck me on doesn't work.

I am able to reach your store here:

https://www.ebay.com/str/webwanna

Is it possible that the "manage your store" link you are using is an old one?

Here is a link from the site map which may be different:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayManageStore

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

You are seeing the last known version of my store.  It happens when I try to edit my store.  The image uploads /edits don't take, and after several attempts, I get the server down message.  

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

@webwanna 

I do not have a store to experiment with, or any empirical data at all, only an off-the-top-of-my-head suggestion, with no real way to test if it works.

Are you able to manage your store by going through eBay Canada?

https://my.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayManageStore

Perhaps other sellers on the Selling board might have some better ideas. It might be worth re-posting there with a title like " 'manage my store' link leads to 'Server is down' error" or something similar. Either that or contact eBay directly to see if there is an issue with your account that can be corrected.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

I am getting this message when I try to subscribe to the free sales manager that is supposed to go along with the price of my store.  It seems to be a rather long fix time IMO

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

Ebay has told me they are sending this issue to their Technical team and can take 72 hours to respond.  72 hours to respond to a server down issue.... that's crazy.  It's already been about 4 days of dealing with this for me.  

There were posts by people months ago about the server down message too.  I really don't get it.  Why am I paying to have a store on a server that doesn't work?   They must have the servers overloaded .... buy some new equipment.  I want a refund on my store subscription for last month and this month.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

It's actually getting worse.... now I 'm getting the message when I try to search for listings.  What is up with the servers at Ebay?

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

>>It's actually getting worse.... now I 'm getting the message when I try to search for listings. What
>>is up with the servers at Ebay?

Nothing I can see. I almost never run into that error, and if I do, a retry takes care of it. I don't have a store either, so can't try to replicate the issue.

Since you are the only one reporting this, the finger would tend to point back at you. If the server was down (which is not the case), there would be hundreds or thousands of complaints by other store owners about not being able to manage their stores.

Have you tried other browsers and/or the standard "clear cookies and cache"?

I have never gotten that error searching, and there are no other reports of that I've seen. Again, since you are the only one who seems to have that issue, you need to look at your end for causes.

Post URLS for attempted loads that fail and we can try to take a look.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

@berserkerplanet wrote:

Since you are the only one reporting this, the finger would tend to point back at you. If the server was down (which is not the case), there would be hundreds or thousands of complaints by other store owners about not being able to manage their stores.

Have you tried other browsers and/or the standard "clear cookies and cache"?

I have never gotten that error searching, and there are no other reports of that I've seen. Again, since you are the only one who seems to have that issue, you need to look at your end for causes.

Post URLS for attempted loads that fail and we can try to take a look.

The problem is NOT at my end.  Ebay has already confirmed that.  In fact.... why don't you just read the message that Ebay provides.... IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S US....  Other people have posted similar problems to the Community.   See this thread for instance:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Anybody-else-getting-Server-down/m-p/29463599#M53261

Do you work for Ebay or something because your post is not helpful in the least.... seems like they may have trained you.... you should have ended with " give it 72 hrs".  

They probably rotate sellers onto the malfunctioning server for 72 hr. increments.  Most people probably don't even notice unless they just happen to be trying to modify their store during that time frame. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

I can see/search/access listings in your store with no problems.  Also in my own.....

When I've gotten that server message, a refresh/reload of the page works........  using up to date Firefox. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

Ok. Have it your way. eBay CS told you what you wanted to hear and you bought it hook, line and sinker.

That error message is a generic eBay version of an HTTP 500 error (just like the "Uh oh!" error message is a cutesy 404 error message). It does not mean the server is down - it means "something" went wrong and that error message was thrown.

Yep. Accuse me of being an eBay employee. Last resort of the ignorant. Well, I'm not. Here's proof: You are an asshat.
Conspiracy theories and all.

Figure it out yourself.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Server Down

IF the server is down then you will just have to check back periodically. You can call ebay and try to report the issue but their support reps will probably not do anything. I was able to go to my store page and click the manage store button and did not get the error message. I am using a fully updated windows 10 pc with Microsoft Edge for the browser. This also worked for me using Google Chrome. Perhaps try a different browser or different device. It could possibly help to clear the data I your browser. Most likely the issue is you are using a older device or browser that is not being fully supported by eBay and they are not fixing issues in a timely manor to reduce support cost on their end.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply