cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Offer is not working for me, need help!

A week before Thanksgiving is when this started. I normally receive about 20-40 items a day that I can send offers to. Then it went to zero. All new listings that people watch or have in their cart I am able to send offers to. My older listings, pre Thanksgiving, I do not have any listings show up to send offers. I had my daughter watch an item, pre Thanksgiving, on her account and I wasn't able to send her an offer. She watched a newly listed item and I was able to send her an offer on that one. Ebay was contacted three times, trouble tickets sent and this still has not been resolved. When I have a new watcher over 15,000 items don't show up in my send offer tab but with my 500 newer listings they will. What do I do?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Send Offer is not working for me, need help!

Buyers can opt out of receiving offers. Many do.

If you made a practice of sending offers on your listings, you may have exceeded the offer limit on the listing if no one was willing to buy. Or you may not be offering below previous offers to the buyer.

Send offer is not a function you should be relying on when you have priced poorly. Ebay limits the amount of annoyance a seller may cause buyers. It should be used with discretion.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

There has been an issues for over 2 months with offers. Yesterday I got a glimpse into a new update to offers (accept multiple offers and the first to checkout wins) so I am guess this is why it has not worked correctly for so long. It always seems to happen to areas that ebay are "playing" with. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I do not have any listings show up to send offers.

@skallay 

If you've already sent an offer on the item, you won't be able to send one to that user again. That's why your count of who you can send offers to has shrunk. No worries!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

So a buyer can accept an offer but the seller is not committed to sell it to them? Then the buyers should not be committed then to buy it, right? Is that how that works.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply