cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching problems for past several days

momofpups
Adventurer

Using my regular computer (not Android phone), I've had frequent problems with SEARCHES for past several days.  Typical problem:  Unable to narrow CLOTHING searches by SIZE or MATERIAL content, even though they are standard categories.  When I click on either category, I get the response:  "No filters available."  This is particularly true when I want to search for items using a modified version of a SAVED SEARCH, but it is not limited to already-saved searches.

Searching has been a problem for more than a week.  Info contained in the "Search name" and "Keyword" fields of SAVED SEARCHES got all messed up almost a week ago for no apparent reason, which made it all but impossible to know which searches were which in my list.  There was NO ANNOUNCEMENT explaining what happened.

Also, WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A CATEGORY FOR "SEARCHING" in Discussion forums, etc., and why are all of ebay's "resources" so overwhelmingly geared toward SELLERS to the exclusion of enough available resources to assist BUYERS when we have questions or run into difficulties?  It's truly ridiculous!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I've had the same problem with filters not working 😞
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This is one of many problems encountered during recent month-plus when trying to compose new searches or get long-standing searches to work as they used to.  I had the "disappearing" size parameter just yesterday, only with a new twist:  Size was there, functioning as one of my variables, for  pages 1 and 2 of my search results, but disappeared starting on page 3 of my search results.  I realize that makes no sense, but it's exactly what happened:  My search went from having something like 900 hits on page 1 to having more than 10,000 hits when I got to page 3 because it completely jettisoned my "size" preferences, and because only "sweaters" was an option on p. 3; I could not select "cardigans" the way my original search did for pages 1 and 2 of the results.
There are other annoying problems going on in Searches, and the HELP Section no longer talks about Standard Searches at all!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply