cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Searches page

What just happened?

About 10 minutes ago, I clicked on my saved searches page.  When it came up, all the formatting was haywire; now it's basically "double-wide".  I have to reduce the font size to 50% so I don't have to scroll the width of another screen to get to the "view items" button.

My other pages are fine; it's just the "saved searches" page that just got totally F'd Up!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Saved Searches page

OK, can anyone please explain to me, in layman's terms, how to fix it in Google Chrome?

After three days, my search page is still completely messed up and basically unusable for me.

Thank you.

Message 16 of 38
latest reply

Well, it CAN be done for Chrome, but the level of difficultly is 10x that of doing it for Firefox ... Chrome doesn't support Firefox's userContent.css "change" mechanism, but it does let you locally override entire files that are loaded as part of the web page, so with a good deal of difficulty you can set it up to override the CSS file containing the changes in question, then edit the file as needed.

I'm a software developer, and I found it a pain to do this for Chrome, so not for the faint of heart ...

If you want to try it, it's a three step process:

- configure chrome to override files, telling it where you want to save them

- inspect ebay "saved search" page source in Chrome, and select/copy the (CSS) file you want to override

- edit the saved file to make changes as described above

Here are the detailed steps:

1) Load saved searches page in Chrome

2) Click on Chrome's top right "..." menu button, and select More Tools -> Developer Tools

3) In Developer Tools, click on "Sources" tab, then below that click on "Overrides"

4) Click on "Select folder for overrides", and choose a directory where you will save your override files. Make sure to click on "Allow" when it asks for permissions.

5) Click on "Enable local overrides" box to make sure it is checked

6) Switch from "Sources" tab to "Elements" tab to see page source for eBay saved seaches (which you already selected at beginning of this process)

7) In elements click on the <head> section to expand it, and look about 15 lines down for the line that looks like <link href="https://.../yudcrwe0aiz3vdq30fjooqfmj2i.css" ... >

There are a few lines that look similar - make sure you find the one thar refers to the "yudcr...css" file\

😎 RIght click on yudcr...css and select Reveal in Source Panel

9) In Source panel, right click anywhere on the source and select "Save for overrides"

10) Edit the saved yudcr..css file (now saved in the override directory you specified), to change the two sections described above (search for "coln2" for first and "esearch" for second).  See below for editing hint.

11) Reload the saved searches page in Chrome and you should now see it fixed.

12) As a final annoyance, if you exit Chrome and restart it, your overrides will not reactivate until you go back into developer tools section then exit it again. As far as I can google, there is no way around it. Not a big deal if you tend to keep the browser open all the time anyway.

Editing hint: The saved CSS file will all be on a single very long line and all but impossible to edit. In order to be able to easily find the necessary two sections it's easier to use a "pretty printed" version of the file. One way to do this in by copy-and-pasting it from Chrome Dev Tools... when you are viewing the CSS source, then click on "{}" at bottom of page to see pretty version. You can also find online CSS pretty print web pages.

Or you could just use Firefox !

Message 17 of 38
latest reply

surfinforpleasure:

Thank you for trying to help; I sincerely appreciate it.

I went through the steps you outlined, but unfortunately, can't get it to work; I've just never been good with computer technical issues.

At this point, I'm at ebay's mercy.  Until they get off their butts and fix the problem they created, I'm SOL.
Message 18 of 38
latest reply

As of today I still have this problem with my saved searches page. Its unbeleivable ebay is not fixing this problem. 

Message 20 of 38
latest reply

Hey eBay,

Are you ever going to fix this?

It has been two months, and it is still F'd UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Message 21 of 38
latest reply

Any update on this?

Message 22 of 38
latest reply

I used the link and ii justy took meto the same fouled up page.

Message 23 of 38
latest reply

eBay has recently changed the Saved Sellers page so that it now displays in two columns rather than in list form.

The old links cited in this thread no longer work or else point to the new page.

One possible alternative to view your saved sellers would be to use your Feed page:

https://www.ebay.com/feed

Click on the number of sellers shown at the top of the page to view your saved sellers as four columns of text links. You can right click on a username to open the seller's profile page in a new tab. Not the most elegant work around, but at least it is one alternative to the new page.

Message 24 of 38
latest reply

Today I have the same issue - good to know eBay learn from their mistakes 🙄

Message 25 of 38
latest reply

It's still an issue. I use multiple browsers/computers so it's not really a solution to make changes in browser.

Why wouldn't they fix this by now?

Message 26 of 38
latest reply

It has just hit me to, on both my PC (Chrome) and iPad Pro (Safari).  Very annoying!

Message 27 of 38
latest reply

I just started having the same problem with "saved searches" on two different browsers!  I don't understand how this just happens to some people at various times?

Message 28 of 38
latest reply

The problem with Saved Searches may only occur when certain searches exceed a certain number of keywords, and the keyword column fails to wrap correctly. You might be able to delete those searches to get around the problem; try bookmarking those searches instead of saving them on that page.

If you are unable to use the CSS hack mentioned previously in this thread, see here for some other options:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Cannot-search-from-the-saved-searches-list...

If you are using a desktop browser that can work with an ad blocker such as Ad Block, Ad Block Plus or uBlock Origin and that can use custom filter rules, there is a rule that you can copy and paste into your ad blocker to block that non-wrapping column on the Saved Searches page.

Message 29 of 38
latest reply

has anyone figured out this formatting issue?

Message 30 of 38
latest reply