cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved Searches Not Working AGAIN!!

For several months last Spring, only 4 of the 30 or so Searches that I've Saved were generating emails to notify me of the availability on ebay of items that I was seeking. Sometime during teh Summer, the problem was finally fixed, and I began to receive regular emails again — that is, until the beginning of this week (10/1/18), when the same glitch returned, and once again, I stopped receiving email notifications for most of my saved Searches. Is eBay staff aware of the problem, which is fast becoming chronic? Doesn't eBay care that by not sending rqeuested alerts to their members, they're losing who-knows-how-many potnetial sales for their Sellers and commissions for eBay iteslf? Once and for all, please fix the problem.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Saved Searches Not Working AGAIN!!

I've been having the same issue all month!  I have 100 saved searches (the maximum eBay allows) and I think I have 90 of them set up to email alerts to me daily.  I am getting maybe ten a day, at different times of the day.  I have tried turning off and then back on the alert feature; I have edited almost all of the searches.  I have had issues trying to edit some of the searches as well.  It's very frustrating!

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

This stoppage of emails for a lengthy period has happened 3 or 4 times in the past to me.  I believe it is the result of an unintended consequence of doing work on what must be a very complicated website.  In the past it lasted a long period and then--suddenly--they began arriving again.  I hope it happens--and soon.  I manually do my saved searches but for some reason they are not as all-inclusive as the emailed searches are.

Often there are little more minor blips in the eBay site that I notice--also likely an unintended consequence--but they are not as major as this.  I hope they are working on it day and night because it us costing them more money in lower prices than it's hurting me...

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

I am having the same issue for the last 2 weeks
User name:
omega_sounds
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Same thing here. One month since this first happened and I'm receiving emails for two saved searches only.

Funny thing is that I emailed Ebay's support explaining the problem and the answer was to clear my browser's cache and cookies (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). For a well known problem that's affecting a lot of users for more than a month now!! How do they hire these people?

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

Same, still getting no emails from saved searches or sellers. Why does Ebay have to keep tweaking things  ( maybe to keep jobs) Oh for the old days of Ebay before they literally stuffed everything up, times were so much easier and everthing seems more difficult now. I rarely sell on here and only use if something I desperately want.

Please leave the site alone when it is already working fine.

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

I am having the same problem, and before it stopped working I got several emails with searches that I have stopped a long time ago.....what tech or programming thing can be so hard about this.??

They still have the option up to save searches. If it is not possible to get emails now, I think they should take the option to save searches down until they fix it!!

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

I am receiving a small handful of my saved search emails. Please add me to the list of accounts impacted.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

Me too for a month

receive 2-5 out of 95

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@azure57 wrote:

For several months last Spring, only 4 of the 30 or so Searches that I've Saved were generating emails to notify me of the availability on ebay of items that I was seeking. Sometime during teh Summer, the problem was finally fixed, and I began to receive regular emails again — that is, until the beginning of this week (10/1/18), when the same glitch returned, and once again, I stopped receiving email notifications for most of my saved Searches. Is eBay staff aware of the problem, which is fast becoming chronic? Doesn't eBay care that by not sending rqeuested alerts to their members, they're losing who-knows-how-many potnetial sales for their Sellers and commissions for eBay iteslf? Once and for all, please fix the problem.

Hi everyone, just wanted to update that this is a known issue we are working on fixing currently. I've added everyone impacted to our investigation and appreciate your patience while we get this resolved!

HOW ABOUT THAT! SOMEONE FROM EBAY ACTUALLY POSTED SOMETHING!

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

T

This is what i got back from them a few days ago:

"we are aware that a member should receive an e-mail from their saved searches. The reason why you did not receive an e-mail from your saved searches it’s because we have a site issue that members are not receiving any saved search e-mails with the bug ticket number BUGTK47048336, that started October 16.

The approximate fix date is 90 days since it was reported by our technical team so that would be January 14, 2019. I reported your account and filed the report as one of the member’s that are affected. What you can do is check your account and messages for some updates. We apologize about the site problem and we are working on it to resolve as soon as possible."

90 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

I have had the same issue at the same time frame. As I read through the posts, one user had Ebay respond saying the fix would not happend until JAN 15 2019.

This is unacceptable. Us sellers are losing bidders fast as their searches can't be updated daily.

Trying to purchase something is equally difficult without the great feature of save searches.

Although EBay must fix this faster, I have set up similar searches of the items I shop for in Google Alerts. The thing about this is it also gives you other sites to find the merchandise, so Ebay is losing sales thanks to Google alerts.

Cheers Folks,

BB

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

I think it's important that eBay sellers--and eBay proper--to realize how this is impacting sales.  October is a month I usually list a lot of things but I would never listing anything during these all-too-frequent breakdowns in the mailing of saved searches and I urge others to stop listing or list on other sites in a effort to prod eBay into action.

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

Mine too are not working

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

I have not received any emails in the last month. Is there a fix yet? Seems like traffic is way down, sales way down, and no emails, there seems to be a huge problem.....

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

This morning:  Theeeeeey're baaaaack!  Hopefully for good!

Message 30 of 33
latest reply