cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Viewed Items Not Mine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Like the title says. Recently viewed items that appear on my Purchase History page are not mine. Third time this has happened in the last week. First it was a long list of high end collector plates. Then Holden automotive brochures. Today it's baseball cards. Never viewd any of these Listings. Anyone else have this going on? -96

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Recently Viewed Items Not Mine

Is there anyone else who has access to your computer?  If not, you may have an intruder.

Change the passwords on both your eBay and PayPal accounts immediately. You may also want to change your security questions.

You should also read the following from eBay's Help information for more suggestions:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting-account.html

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/securing-account.html

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

@Anonymous

@zzydny

Thank you Lord. Amen. Glad to know I am not the only one having this issue. I mostly view jigsaw puzzles and Korean DVDs. I get weird hobby stuff popping up all the time (car parts, model trains).

I changed passwords everywhere: eBay, Paypal, Gmail. Even purchased a new tablet. Yet the problem persists. Freaks me out!

Make good use of spare time.
Message 3 of 50
latest reply

@kate_lily_cache wrote:

.....I mostly view jigsaw puzzles and Korean DVDs......

@kate_lily_cache

If you stream Korean TV shows online, you need to have really, really good computer security and you've gotta scan often.  All of those streaming sites are absolutely riddled with viruses, bots, pop-ups, and intrusions of all kinds.  Yeah, I know because I use those sites to watch Japanese dramas. 

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

@zzydny

I meant, on eBay searches, I 'view' jigsaw puzzles and Korean DVDs. Sorry for the confusion. I have never used my tablet or laptop for streaming, other than Youtube. Most the shows I enjoy are on youtube, so I don't use DramaFever or Viki. 

Seriously freaks me out seeing guy hobby stuff popping up in my Recently Viewed list. I clear the list, but more pops up. I pray to God, somewhere there are crossed wires or bad coding.

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

@zzydny

I just checked Recently View right now... There is a coffee maker. I don't even drink coffee, LMAO.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

@kate_lily_cache  I happened to think of it because my laptop almost got hit yesteday when I was streaming on a video site.  Thank goodness for AVG; it stopped the virus right in its tracks.  I try to be super-careful about that stuff--in fact, I go so far as to use a different computer for eBay.

Message 7 of 50
latest reply

@kate_lily_cache wrote:

@zzydny

I just checked Recently View right now... There is a coffee maker. I don't even drink coffee, LMAO.

@kate_lily_cache 

Makes me wonder if one of your neighbors is feeding off your WiFi.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

@zzydny

I doubt the Wifi thing.

1. I am so old school, I have the SLOWEST cable internet.

2. Seems to be 2 Wifi addresses for each townhouse here. Wifi router, Wifi computer, Wifi printer. One neighbor has 6 Wifi addresses alone.

3. My neighbors don't seem to be model train and car part folks.

But now you have me paranoid, LOL. How would I know if someone was piggybacking on my Wifi?

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your replies. In my case it happens as follows. Turn on computer and click on Ebay on my favorites bar. My Purchase History is my landing page so that's were it goes. As the page opens and begins to build the pics etc. I get a list on the left with pics of recently viewed Listings that I didn't view. Once I leave the page to say the Watch List page for example and go back to My Purchase History, the items are then correct. As in items that I have viewed. No other users on my pc. Seems more like a glitch. Ebay began inserting "Sponsered Listings" into the Recently Viewed items. I wonder if that is related -96

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

@kate_lily_cache 

Sorry for the paranoia infection.  I was just trying to reason it out.  Sometimes I see my neighbor's WiFi listed on my computer connection.....I live on 2 1/2 acres (as does my neighbor) so I am quite a good distance away, and he sees my WiFi listed on his connections, too.

The online world is just kinda creepy like that.  Not sure how you could test because I am really not at all techie.

Message 11 of 50
latest reply

@hogwild96 wrote:

Thank you for your replies. In my case it happens as follows. Turn on computer and click on Ebay on my favorites bar. My Purchase History is my landing page so that's were it goes. As the page opens and begins to build the pics etc. I get a list on the left with pics of recently viewed Listings that I didn't view. Once I leave the page to say the Watch List page for example and go back to My Purchase History, the items are then correct. As in items that I have viewed. No other users on my pc. Seems more like a glitch. Ebay began inserting "Sponsered Listings" into the Recently Viewed items. I wonder if that is related -96

Sometimes the sponsored listing lilnks can be a bit strange.  I've noticed ads that seem to be related to articles that I've read in the news--at least there seem to be similar keywords.

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a long time I used Xfinity WiFi. Comcast allows you to latch onto any of their paying customers on your street. Common industry practice.. No longer using that though. -96

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

Yes. I often have my items sent to my boyfriend's house because his mail service is way more reliable than mine. Recently, items he viewed through his account started showing up in the "recently viewed items" on my account. We never shared the same computer. My billing address and payment information are different. The only connection was the shipping address. If you ever have things shipped to someone else's house, have a roommate or live with a family member who uses eBay, recently moved, or if you live in an apartment building with multiple units, eBay might have associated you with another person at that address. That person most likely sees what you're looking at, too.

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

My acct was hacked recently and customer service has been NO help. Make sure you do not stay signed in on any sessions. Make sure you change your email server password as well. Make sure all of your paypal info is yours and  no OTHER email accounts are connected to your PayPal acct.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply