cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS is no longer available!!!

54 REPLIES 54

Re: RSS is no longer available!!!

EBay Inc. said its gross merchandise volume, which is the value of all goods sold on the site, fell 5% to $18.4 billion in the first quarter of 2023, the eighth consecutive period in which that key metric number dropped.

The number of active buyers on the marketplace also fell — dropping 7% to 133 million during the period ending March 31, 2023. That too is the eighth consecutive quarterly drop.

Also, if you browse through community forums (both US and UK), you will notice that many sellers are reporting considerable drop in sales.

Message 46 of 55
latest reply

Bring Back RSS and the sales will go back up!!

Message 47 of 55
latest reply

It's been 4 months already since eBay broke RSS and hasn't done anything about it. Time flies so fast!

Message 48 of 55
latest reply

i dont care if you all bring back rss or not but can you please come up with something better than saved searches they completely suck and its annoying having the feeds gone to be left with the gimped results, just anything that notifies me of things as soon as they are listed will work i dont care

Message 49 of 55
latest reply

@noopynoop 

anything that notifies me of things as soon as they are listed will work

Google "automated searches eBay" for some possible third-party options.

Message 50 of 55
latest reply

You'd think it'd be solved by now, but...

It may take maybe, I don't know, half an hour for a junior dev to set this thing up based on the already existing API.

Message 51 of 55
latest reply

Just checking...

Message 52 of 55
latest reply

Bring Back RSS and the sales will go back up!!

Message 53 of 55
latest reply

By discontinuing RSS, they force buyers to browse through the standard web content, thereby exposing them to advertisements and increasing eBay's owner profits.

Message 54 of 55
latest reply

I don't think I see any advertisements. And the profit made on the RSS users dropped anyway as they don't go to eBay as much now.

Message 55 of 55
latest reply