cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECURRING PROBLEM WITH SHIPPING PREFERENCES!

Techs - PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS PROBLEM! IT SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING!

It happened to me again! Has happened several times lately and is very disturbing! I just sold an item last night and went to print the shipping label this morning and it said FREE SHIPPING, I knew I had not offered FS on this item as I had reduced the price considerably due to older merchandise, it was only priced at $3.99 for a NWT item! (302614840467) I checked my listing and sure enough the FS box WAS NOT CHECKED but eBay in all their generosity gave my buyer FREE SHIPPING which costs me almost $3 and took what little profit I had in the sale and left me at a loss for this item!

Also, the listing showed as FLAT SHIPPING which I never ever use, I always use calculated shipping due to postage rates changing so often! I have mentioned this problem before, but it seems to still occur from time to time. Sometimes when you change a listing from a 30-day FP listing to an Auction or visa-versa from an Auction to a FP listing, it mixes-up the shipping data, this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, I never change my shipping preferences when making this change in my listing, but it happens anyway!

My loss this time was small, but there is a problem here that should be fixed!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@vintageista Just FYI I am seeing over 100 items in your store currently offering free shipping!  Just wanted to give you heads-up so you can hopefully change these while eBay digs into the problem!

2018-01-30_18-13-05.jpg

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

THANK YOU but I DO sometimes offer FREE SHIPPING and other times I DO NOT...my choice...not eBay's!
Message 3 of 3
latest reply