cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYOUT FAILED AGAIN

Once again my payout failed this is really horrible.  I went through this on December 2 is this going to happen every 45 days?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: PAYOUT FAILED AGAIN

I had the same thing happen this morning and am not really sure what to do - the same thing happened to me about a month ago.  I tried for hours to get in touch with someone, called my bank, etc. and then finally found this board.  It was fine later in the day.   

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Same issue here today. This has never happened to my shop before. The call wait time is 93 minutes!!

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Same here, not sure what is going on and don't want to wait over 100 minutes. I called bank they said they didn't know anything about it, I contacted chat assistant and was transferred to someone, only to be transferred to someone else, apparently 2-3 minutes later, waited 20 minutes and got fed up. 

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Identical situation with me.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

We have 2 active eBay accounts with Managed Payments.  Payment being sent to the same bank account. 1 failed today with “Denied. Waiting for Retry” message.  When does it retry? Tomorrow? Now we’re behind in cash flow.

No doubt Managed Payments has been an adjustment.  Our greatest loss in the change to MP is the immediate availability of our funds.  With PayPal, as with other of our merchant payments partners, we are at a relationship level that we have immediate access to the funds once the payment is made.  With MP, there is still a 2-3 day lag before the funds become available for transfer.

Regards of eBay’s TOU, seems like there are laws being skirted.  eBay gets to play the float, and my business suffers.

A computer app is a reflection of its creator. Show me a robust computer app and I will show you an intelligent programmer.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Same for me today, another failed attempt to deposit from Ebay. 

Came to see if anyone else is having the same issue. This time I didnt see a message from Ebay blaming my bank so at least they have learned that lesson. 

Not sure why this happens but it always makes me feel uneasy.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

For me it's my own habits I am battling. Before my funds would be immediately available thru Paypal. I could reliably spend those funds.

But now..not so much.

For example I have bids on 2 Auctions houses in my area that both end in the next 48 hrs. I felt I could bid a bit more over the weekend based on my Ebay sales and the money I relied on transferring into my account yesterday ( which was a smaller Thursday deposit ) and then my weekend sales today which is the normal pattern.

I know I shouldn't spend $ I dont have in hand yet but I am taking 100% responsibility in that I relied on my money from Ebay arriving as it was promised when I signed up. I can pass the buck which I really , really want to do - but....I know I cant rely on Managed Payments based on past proformance, so I'll be the one scrambling to find the money or at this point I will not be able to up my bids & I will lose those items to higher bidders who also negatively affects my Ebay business. 

I really, really dislike managed payments & miss the reliable transfer of Paypal. But if I am going to continue to sell here I need to learn how to manage managed payments in my life. 

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

brittanie@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hey everyone,

We're aware there is an issue. Any updated information we receive will be posted in this thread

Thanks! 

Brittanie,
Community Team

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I've been on managed payments only a month and a half and this is the second time this has happened.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I was prevented from listing an item today due to managed payment problem (which ebay was not able to fix, yet). I was asked for personal verification, but was not able to find what was supposed to be verified. I have been on Ebay for 22 years. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I have received the "payout failed" message twice now, as recent as 1/17/21. What is going on??? 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Was it ever resolved?  Im going on 6 weeks.  No money.  6 weeks.  

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This just happened again on payouts due 2/15/2021 - eBay did ABSOLUTELY NO "PROCESSING" AT ALL ON SUNDAY 2/14/2021 AS THEY NORMALLY WOULD DO - so we got NOTHING on Monday.

Usually we have several thousand coming from end-of-week and weekend purchases, but once again eBay has screwed up or lied.  We've noticed they are now processing less and less, and allowing more money to sit UNPROCESSED - leaving them more funds to use for their cash-flow needs while sellers are left high and dry.

After five years of supposed development, why are there still so many bugs in this system?  It's actually seeming like this doesn't happen "accidentally" at all, but occurs when eBay needs a surge of cash for operations.

BTW, on checking their phone "support" call-ins to see how long a wait there is to get a callback, it's quite clear this isn't a sporadic issue, as the wait time when I checked was 167 minutes - NEARLY THREE HOURS.

Come on eBay, are you really deliberately trying to kill the company?

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

2/15 was a Fed Holiday..............our banks were closed........presumably that had something to do with it......

Message 15 of 16
latest reply