cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option To Provide Return Label Through eBay Missing

Have a return and I only have the options to upload a label or refund. The option to provide a label through eBay is missing. 

returnoptions.PNG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Option To Provide Return Label Through eBay Missing

Is the buyer in another country? If so, you may not be able to provide a prepaid label through eBay.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

Is the buyer in another country? If so, you may not be able to provide a prepaid label through eBay.

This is the most common reason an eBay returns label can't be generated @new_spin_boutique . Other instances are due to oversize/overweight packages that can't ship USPS which is probably not your issue as a clothing seller, or outbound shipments that were split into multiple packages.

You can send funds or purchase a label outside of eBay. Read more about return labels here and come back if you need additional help.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/return-shipping-for-sellers?id=4703

If the buyer filed a claim, you will be expected to send the buyer a return label or funds for a return label or refund them without requiring a return.

If you don't provide means for the return then the buyer will escalate and eBay will close the case in their favor pulling the refund from your account and placing an unresolved case strike on your account. Make sure that doesn't happen by working this out.

Having said all that, I checked several of your listings and they offer domestic shipping exclusively, and many of them offer free domestic returns.

What's the item number, where did you ship the original package, and does that differ from the country where the buyer is registered?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The buyer is in the US, the package is a small clothing item, it was shipped a couple of states away. There is nothing unusual about this order or return. 

Item # 194277447462

I understand eBay, what I don't understand is why eBay is having so many site issues including this one

I'll have to contact support in the morning

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Did the listing have weight and dimensions? Since you charged a flat $7.99 ship I know it's possible those wt/dm fields were left blank. Either way, the system is supposed to generate a label based on category averages even if your wt/dm were left blank.

You said the buyer is a "couple states away" - if that means FL, is it possible it was an internationally located buyer using a freight forwarder in FL? The system is supposed to generate the label based on the FL address, but if the buyer is international maybe there's some kind of conflict in the system. I've never had an issue generating a return label to a US freight forwarder.

There are many valid reasons why a return label can't be generated but I'm not seeing any immediate flags with that listing to explain why it's happening.

I agree with contacting CS to report the problem @new_spin_boutique. They'll probably tell you to purchase your own label. You can do that by registering for a free account with pirateship.com if you don't already have one. Just make sure to put the buyer's address as the ship-from location. You can use your own address as the return address if you want, but the ship-from location is set separately and should match buyer's address. With pirateship you can download a copy of the label then upload it to the eBay return.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your time. I think it's just another glitch in an endless sea of eBay glitches I've been experiencing lately. I just went ahead and refunded the buyer. I've process hundreds, maybe even thousands of returns, this was a first. No reason for the system not to show an option to generate a return label. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. Thank you

Message 6 of 6
latest reply