cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No views on eBay

Every item I have has 0 views. Watchers aren’t responding to offers and when I search my item in recently listed it doesn’t even pop up 

HELP!!!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: No views on eBay

I did look at the link and all items are there, but the dates there are the most recent relisting date.  If it were sorting by original listing date, many of those dates would be At least June dates if not earlier.  The dates shown in the link you provided are all relisting dates and all are within the last 10 days.   If I just go to eBay and sue the "newly listed" sort routine, those items do not show up with the same dates shown in your link, so I remain confused and think there is an issue with that sort.  If the sort were based on original listing date, how would a potential buyer find the item when I relist it??

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

I did look at the link and all items are there, but the dates there are the most recent relisting date.

The dates displayed are the relisting dates, but the actual sort order is determined by the original listing date (which is not shown). That is why out of twenty items sorted by "Newly listed" your five most recently relisted items -- designated by the "newly listed" icon before the title -- appear as item numbers 6, 7, 11, 18 and 19 in that sort.

Yes, it is very confusing. eBay should allow users the option of sorting by original date or relist date and use more consistent dating conventions, but currently this is how eBay chooses to do things.

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

Interesting that those 5 show as new listings because all 5 are relistings and have been relisted now at least 3 times because I do not think potential buyers are seeing them.  Of the 20 items shown in your link, only the first two items are first time listings, all of the other 18 are relists and most of them for at least the third time.  Very few views in most cases and even less watchers.  I know the economy may be driving down some bid activity, but these items should be getting more views than they are getting and potentially more watchers than they are getting.  I may have to consider getting off eBay for selling and give my items to an auctioneer to sell.  This whole thing is insane, ever since they reduced their categories a year or more ago there have been issues with the stuff I specialize in.  They did away with carnival glass and stretch glass as categories then and there have been nothing but problems since then.  Sorry you are the receiver of all of my venting, but thanks for listening and responding.

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

Messing with categories was an exceptionally foolish thing for them to do.  Their claim of meeting an "industry standard" is absurd because they are essentially the 20-ton gorilla when it comes to online antiques / collectibles sales and no one else is even close.  Oh, I'm sorry, "high end watches and shoes and NFTs" right.  LOL

If anybody else was close, we'd all be there, at this point. 

Next round of disaster will be 9/20 so, be prepared I suppose.  

Meanwhile, whatever they broke around July 10 seems to have been rolled back around August 5, so hopefully people have gotten some sales this month.   Mine went back from disaster, to an expected level of mediocrity.   A definite rolloff in promoted listings, and a definite ramp back up, during that period.  Check your impressions graph...

What I wouldn't do to have the 2000s back!

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

Same problem here, my view count after after six days is around twenty (139 items uploaded).

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

So happy to see someone actually tell the truth out there! Everything was so much better before 1/20/21!

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

I don't think so!  Ebay is catering to the super sellers and even though most of the super sellers have 100's of negative feedback, it makes no difference to Ebay.  

Bootleg items are being sold, BUT, as long as Ebay gets the fees, nothing is done about it.

There is still money out there even in this Economy.  I see items on Ebay selling for 1000's of dollars, so people still have money to spend.

Message 37 of 46
latest reply

If you don't know where the AD Blocker is, then you don't have one installed.  It is a download and has to be installed.

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

Upper right hand corner, dark icon, click on it and either remove or change the way the AD Blocker reacts to a website.

Message 39 of 46
latest reply

Just happened to me. Yesterday several of my 100 items had a dozen or so views   - some Buy It Now items had over 50 views. Today all zero! What the hell is ebay up to - some form of censorship?

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

All my listings have zero views

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

Thursday morning is usually when Ebay does its site maintenance, so when these types of things usually happen then.

I'm sure it'll get straightened out in no time.

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

Me too.  I have no views, no sale, eBay is suck now.  They are trying to destroy themselves.  They want people to pay them a fee to open a store.  Now people who opened the store have no views too.  I think eBay is trying to block the sale for people who has no store, but it end up blocking for everyone.  I'm thinking about stop selling **bleep**s on the dam eBay

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

Ebay is blocking people from seeing my listings too.  I have no views or sales lately.  Do you still have problem with your listing?

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

Ebay is blocking people from seeing my listings too. I have no views or sales lately. Do you still have problem with your listing?

Message 45 of 46
latest reply