cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No views on eBay

Every item I have has 0 views. Watchers aren’t responding to offers and when I search my item in recently listed it doesn’t even pop up 

HELP!!!

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: No views on eBay

looks like you are a bit behind on your reading...

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/resources/seller-updates/2022-spring/business#traffic

A computer app is a reflection of its creator. Show me a robust computer app and I will show you an intelligent programmer.
Message 2 of 46
latest reply

I get the feeling that this change actually affected sales. Can't fully support the claim, yet barely any movement happening. 

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

@breaker_cards_va wrote:

Every item I have has 0 views. Watchers aren’t responding to offers and when I search my item in recently listed it doesn’t even pop up 

HELP!!!

OK. I looked at your sticky spider traps (cool item .. my daughter and I were just talking about these last week).

Now go see if you have any views on that item.

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

I haven't had very many views or sales on most of my stuff in months. The views and offers/sales used to be pretty consistent. I don't understand it. 

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

I just looked at the spider traps too. Now see if you have 2 views.

BTW, you are aware of the following, right:  Ebay changed the views to only show views for the last 30 days. So, if it says zero there, that means no one looked at your listing for 30 days. You can click the zero there to show how many views for 7 days, 90 days, 6 months or a year. If you have watchers, but no views, that means the watcher clicked watch over 30 days ago.

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

@candd205 wrote:

I just looked at the spider traps too. Now see if you have 2 views.

BTW, you are aware of the following, right:  Ebay changed the views to only show views for the last 30 days. So, if it says zero there, that means no one looked at your listing for 30 days. You can click the zero there to show how many views for 7 days, 90 days, 6 months or a year. If you have watchers, but no views, that means the watcher clicked watch over 30 days ago.

Regarding watches when I look at listings  I see an option to click Watch without actually looking at the listing so the Watch would register but a View would not be counted because I didn't view it.

When I click on the zero in my listing it doesn't give me any options to choose a timeframe.

Here is another downside of this new view method. In the past when you put up a new listing it would get a view quickly because of being indexed so you knew it had least not disappeared into the eBay neverland. Now that bot seems to be blocked a well so when we list we have no idea if the listing made it or not without actually doing a search for it to see if it indexed properly. Before we could just see that almost instant 1 and know it had indexed.

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

@readabouthorses 

Make sure you click a listing that is older than 30 days, then click the zero again. There is a drop down menu there for the different time frames. If you clicked the zero on a new listing, there is no drop down menu for different time frames.

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Are you seeing view on your sticky spider traps yet. I also looked and would like to know if anything has changed for you. I am getting 70 percent less views on over 200 items.  I am a top rated seller. All happening since they changed has views are calculated. I online chatted and she said my account had been affected by change and would send to technical dept. That was 2 days ago nothing changed yet.

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

I dont understand it either. Many items with zero views. Month after month. Watchers but zero views. Watchers but no offers. Sales down 40%. Many watchers one day, then none the next. That didn't use to happen before. Somethings wrong, and yet we're not getting any answers. I get that the economy isnt so great, shipping is higher. Honestly if retail prices are going up for new goods, then used goods shouldn't go down. They'd remain a bargain at pre 2022 prices. There's a lot of things at play. 

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

I saw your listed items. Was able to look up some of them, ie Pioneer Woman Canister Christmas. It did appear in search. See if that item registered a view.

I'm having a similar phenomenon. A lot of my listings aren't getting any views at all. Some items have no views for months at a time. That's highly unusual. And my sales are way down as well. I don't know whether the economy is worse off than what I read about. Ebay has remarked that there's no downturn in site visits (customers) or sales. They're doing fine and dandy. But I see a lot of sellers having in same situation, no views, much lower sales, for months. That's not however true for everyone. I think sellers with really niche items, followers, new items like car parts, may not see any dips in views or sales. But I don't think I have enough information to make a solid determination what's really happening.

Granted, some of my items, when I listed them, went for a lot more money. Now there's a lot more listings like them, and selling for peanuts. Two things I'm doing, keeping my finger on the pulse of prices, trying to stay competitive, and listing on other markets. 

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

I was having the same thing with my listings and discovered today that it has to do with my Ad Blocker.  I turned off the Ad Blocker and Low & Behold the number of the views appeared, almost like magic.  This is another issue with Ebay that I disagree with.  I hate Ads.

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

another community thread is explaining that ebay has removed bot-views.

G'day on eBay ~ ~ ~ Diane
Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Same here!!! What is going on? I cannot be accurate as I’ve sold a few things that had one or zero views I just want an explanation I’ve been selling on eBay for years and this is a first!

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

This is bad real bad what ebay has done to sellers. Not only have I not been getting any views, I have not been getting sells.  I am not making any money on ebay, since they put in this new view system.  All the years that I have been selling on ebay, it has never been this bad. I went from a top rated seller, to not selling basically nothing at all. I even tested a item that had no views for two months. I used payed promotions, and after two weeks the item still do not have any view. At this point I am paying for a ebay store for nothing.  Wasting my money or giving my money to ebay for free.  However,  I am so happy I listen to other ebay sellers who seen this coming, due to the many ebay decisions that suppose to have helped sellers actually hurt sellers. All my new and good items are listed on other sites.  At this point, I am going to shut down my ebay  store, and go with the 200 free listing.  I will just list on ebay  junk, broken, repair, as is items.   In that way, I don't care how long it sit on ebay, with no views,  nor if it sells or not.   

Message 15 of 46
latest reply