cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Watch List Layout... HORRIBLE!

Now there is also a new horrible Watch List Layout... with no links to my Wish List or My Lists which I use all the time.... What the heck are they thinking????? What's wrong with simple and clear... What's with all the junk... Hurts my eyes!

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Also they messed up shipping too and had to resort back to classic, **bleep**??? And sometimes that even gets an error! Looks like they won't be getting anymore high fees if I can't ship!!

Message 16 of 51
latest reply

Ebay just needs to stop already! They change something everyday and most of it has problems. This new watch list page made me delete most of what I was watching just to get rid of it. If I wanted to play games I would buy one. I am here for business. The new watch list makes me want to shop somewhere else. All the new selling bull is running all the great sellers off. Let's all make China great again!!!! Give us better deals and service not waste your $'s torturing us.

Message 17 of 51
latest reply

It is horrible... It takes me a couple seconds to focus on the mess, and by then I can't stand to

look at it anymore. I don't know how much time I have wasted trying to figure out a way to switch

it back to the old layout.

If this disaster doesn't get changed back soon, I will just clear out the 100+ items in my watch list

Message 18 of 51
latest reply

I told eBay EXACTLY what I thought of their new Watch List layout via their “Tell Us What You Think” link ...

”I have deleted EVERY item in my Watch List because the layout is so horrible that I will NEVER visit that page again while it looks like it does. If that means never adding another item to the Watch List ... then so be it.”

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 19 of 51
latest reply

Try clicking on the Summary in the left menu and then click on make summary your default page and, at least, it has worked for me today. Hopefully they will revert back to the tried and true.

I do not see how this could work well on a small screen phone as the "new" look overlays itself and is unreadable on an 11" and a 19" screen unless shrunk down to 50%.

Message 20 of 51
latest reply

All, please note...in his second link the phrase "MyEBayBeta"....are we the beta testers because we will leave feedback and sound off????

Message 21 of 51
latest reply

I just tried that and got the old layout back. Hopefully it lasts. Thank you

Message 22 of 51
latest reply

@missnmanx

That link has been my eBay landing page for several years now. I kept it because I liked it better than the alternative (non-beta) page.

Message 23 of 51
latest reply

When I try to view my watched list, I get this message.... Something went wrong. We're sorry..... anyone else get that or know what is wrong? It has been happeing for 2 days now. I cant even get to my watched list At ALL...
Message 24 of 51
latest reply

The links got me there, but how do I get back to them them when I leave this page? Also, the print, and pic colors are so faded out I can barely see what it is and says! This iz terrible!!
Message 25 of 51
latest reply

@coinsr4kids2

Your best bet is probably to bookmark those links, maybe put an icon in your bookmark or favorites toolbar. In my version of Firefox, there is a little "i" in a circle at the left side of the address bar. If you drag that i-in-a-circle to your desktop or toolbar it puts a shortcut there.

I set up my "all lists" page as my eBay landing page a while back, but I don't know if eBay still gives that as an option, and I don't want to change mine to test it as I might not be able to change it back. If you follow that "all lists" link, in the upper right corner of the page there should be a line that says "The My eBay landing page is set to..." and a link to [Change]. See if that lets you set it as your new landing page. If it works, please post a message to let other folks know.

As far as the text and pictures go, unfortunately the customization for that page no longer seems to work, beyond the usually scaling the text up or down in size.

Message 26 of 51
latest reply

On top of everything else 'horrible' about the new Watch List Page... it will not stay on my sorted preferences (I like Ending Latest) or Number of Items Per Page.. It keeps reverting back to what Ebay wants it to be I would guess... So every time I go to or click back to my Watch List I have to change it again... All of this clicking is giving me a hand cramp!

Message 27 of 51
latest reply

@starryone

Customization options are certainly lacking. Perhaps eBay will add them at some point.

In the mean time, here is a link to a Watch List that has 200 items per page and sorted by Ending Latest that you can bookmark:

https://www.ebay.com/myb/WatchList?custom_list_id=WATCH_LIST&sort=ending_latest&items_per_page=200

Message 28 of 51
latest reply

The options are available... they just don't keep.... 20 years on Ebay... have seen hundreds of changes.. some good some bad... but my Watch List is where I shop from... between the 'Horrible" layout and this... just down right maddening.... Why should I have to have lists of my lists? Oh and the Purchase history.. Yikes!

Message 29 of 51
latest reply

I hate it too. I actually have missed some buys because (silly me) I didn't realize you had to go TO each watch list. I have several. I wish they had just left it alone. The new "improvements" are not improvements in my meager opinion. It's annoying. 

Message 30 of 51
latest reply