cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Saved Searches page

I just got a load of the new saved searches page and I have to say ebay has outdone itself on this one - what a horrible design and complete mess!   It looks like a page for idiots.   Why do they feel the need to change things that are just fine the way they are?  I actually deleted all of my saved searches because I cannot stand looking at that mess.  Ebay is slowly losing me as a user - really been going downhill for the past several years now.

Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: New Saved Searches page

Saved Searches has been ruined. Almost all useful functionality has been lost. I'm just guessing that someone was told to "optimize" it for iOS or cell phone app. The "new" Saved Searches is a travesty!!

CHANGE IT BACK !
RESTORE SAVED SEARCHES

Message 61 of 75
latest reply

I have read and reread the comments, and only one of them gives a really good (easy) solution to the problem.  Some may consider the solution even better than the original Saved Searches page which is now gone.  In fact, if ebay decides to revert to the original Saved Searches page, then I might still continue using this other option, as I think it is even easier. 

This is it:

Near the top of the eBay home page, just to the right of the word HOME, is a link for "Saved", with a little heart preceding it.  Just click on that Saved icon and it will take you to a page that has on its top a number count for your Searches and Sellers (bookmark this page for future use).   Just click on the Searches option and an alphabetical drop down list of ALL your searches will come up.....without any pictures.  When you click on any search, another tab will pop up with the search results.  When you're done checking the hits on that tab, just close the tab out and it will bring you back to the list of searches, which will still be there......you won't have to click on "Searches" again to get the drop down box.  Since you can get a lot of searches on that drop down list, you don't have to repeatedly scroll down a long list of searches to access the next search, like we did on the old Search option.  So, in fact, it's taking me MUCH LESS TIME than before to check my searches.    Yes, it reads left to right, so it takes a little getting used to.   But, after a few days you'll get used to it, and like I said, it's easier than scrolling down a list of a couple of  hundred searches, like I used to do.    One other thing to look out for.....the drop down list of searches shows the top half of the list (if you're list is long like mine) so you may have to use the scroll bar to scroll down and see the bottom half, but this is a small issue.

So, the bottom line.....I think this Search option is even easier than the old version and will in fact save you the trouble of having to repeatedly scroll down a long list of a couple of hundred searches, as you'll have virtually all of them on one view at a time.   Just click on a search name, view the results, close the tab and click on the next search name.......easy peasy. 

Let me know what you think!

Message 62 of 75
latest reply

agreed, painful. moving all I can to Amazon.

Message 63 of 75
latest reply

I have just learned that a "developer", who is the nephew of a high ranking eBay executive, was given the task of managing the Saved Searches page after said young developer flunked out of The How to Code Good Technical School. This explains a great deal, namely, why it so awful as well as why eBay doesn't fix it despite it's numerous flaws and being widely despised by users. Thought you'd like to know.

Message 64 of 75
latest reply

I have read a number of posts about everyone’s dissatisfaction with the new Saved Search page.  I agree that the new page is horrendous.   But, here is a really good (easy) solution to the problem.  Some may consider the solution even better than the original Saved Searches page which is now gone.  In fact, if ebay decides to revert to the original Saved Searches page, then I might still continue using this other option, as I think it is even easier.  

This is it:

Near the top of the eBay home page, just to the right of the word HOME, is a link for "Saved", with a little heart preceding it.  Just click on that Saved icon and it will take you to a page that has on its top a number count for your Searches and Sellers (bookmark this page for future use).   Just click on the Searches option and an alphabetical drop down list of ALL your searches will come up.....without any pictures.  When you click on any search, another tab will pop up with the search results.  When you're done checking the hits on that tab, just close the tab out and it will bring you back to the list of searches, which will still be there......you won't have to click on "Searches" again to get the drop-down box.  Since you can get a lot of searches on that drop down list, you don't have to repeatedly scroll down a long list of searches to access the next search, like we did on the old Search option.  So, in fact, it's taking me MUCH LESS TIME than before to check my searches.    Yes, it reads left to right, so it takes a little getting used to.   But, after a few days you'll get used to it, and like I said, it's easier than scrolling down a list of a couple of hundred searches, like I used to do.    One other thing to look out for.....the drop down list of searches shows the top half of the list (if you're list is long like mine) so you may have to use the scroll bar to scroll down and see the bottom half, but this is a small issue.

So, the bottom line.....I think this Search option is even easier than the old version and will in fact save you the trouble of having to repeatedly scroll down a long list of a couple of hundred searches, as you'll have virtually all of them on one view at a time.   Just click on a search name, view the results, close the tab and click on the next search name.......easy peasy. 

Let me know what you think!

Message 65 of 75
latest reply

The new version of the Saved Searches page is ABYSMAL  for me in several ways.  Many of  the things I search for are somewhat obscure, so eBay doesn't have a ready-made image to post.  All I see is a grey & white sort of "place-saver" for an image of the item.   And for some of my searches that do have an image, the image shown is so unlike what I'm searching for that I don't even recognize it as one of my searches.   So I have to jump back and forth from seeing an actual image, to reading text below a grey & white square. 

Also I can find no way to edit a search phrase.  Some of mine are very lengthy, as I've used Boolian search phrasing methods to allow for alternate words by using parentheses, using the asterisk as a wild-card letter, and using a hypen immediately before a word I want to eliminate fro search results.  I want the ability to edit when necessary.

This is not the first time eBay has made bad changes for no apparent reason.  When everything works fine on a website but you've got coders on the payroll,  are changes made simply to give them something to do?  I use eBay much less that I used to, and this just pushes me a little further away.  eBay, please stop shooting yourself in the foot.

Message 66 of 75
latest reply

Check out my suggestion below which will give you a better way to access your saved searches.....even better than the original way, in many respects. 

Message 67 of 75
latest reply

"KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID"

THE SEARCH NOT THE IDIOT RUNNING THE FILE

Message 68 of 75
latest reply

How do I get rid of this land grab of screen real estate and actually have a list and not some bunch of fffing tiles.

Message 69 of 75
latest reply

@meikamona 

There are some suggestions in the thread you are posting on.

See the link in message 19 for one option using an ad blocker.

Message 70 of 75
latest reply

@emeralitelamps Thank you so much!!

Your solution is much better than the "New Worse" format eBay has pushed on us. 

Still much harder than the old format, but at least workable. I especially appreciate that you took the time to give us such detailed and clear instructions as well as the solution. 

Message 71 of 75
latest reply

Deleted

Message 72 of 75
latest reply

Deleted

Message 73 of 75
latest reply

Microsoft, Apple, eBay, Amazon, and Google (along with other tech companies)  build incredibly deep, powerful, and flexible software products that before they see the light of day must be infused with a level of unnecessary inconvenience, incomprehensible restrictions, and regressive policies such that all possible joy has been removed prior to customer contact.

Message 74 of 75
latest reply

Why aren't you listening, ebay?

Message 75 of 75
latest reply