cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Saved Search Page is a Disaster!!!

Ebay has now changed its Saved Search page. Rather than one alphabetical list that was easy to navigate, ebay has replaced this page with one that has three columns with huge pictures in "date order". What could have been simpler and faster than just a straight list of saved searches in name order that we had? Why would adding large pictures help?  If I added something to my saved searches, then I already know what it would look like, particularly since 99% of the pictures ebay selects don't actually even relate to what I am looking for!  A large picture taking up space does nothing but take up space. And, now there are three columns, so I have to look left and then right, and then left and then right, row after row after row.  What a waste of time!  And, it defaults to "date added".  Why would I want to have to remember the date order I put the search on to find it? For me, I prefer that the search should be in name order like it was before. I know I can change the drop-down box to name order, but when I then click on one of my saved searches and go to the results, and when I'm done and go back to the saved search page again, it's back at "date added", and I AGAIN have to click on BY NAME, each and every time.    Does anyone know of any way of getting the old list back?  I know if I enter "www.ebay.com/feed" I can go to a page where I can click on "searches" on the top of the page, but it's an extra step and I have to read left to right, left to right, over and over again as I go down each row, over four columns.  This is all a remarkable waste of time, and so unnecessary!  At least give us the option of using the old layout if we prefer it.  Of all the changes that the ebay coders have made, this has got to be one of the dumbest!  Ebay, what the heck were you thinking!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: New Saved Search Page is a Disaster!!!

Totally agree!!!!!! The morons at Ebay screw up everything they try and improve. This is what happens when you have millennials with no common sense in control, probably all in masks with low oxygen levels... You suck Ebay!!!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Total agreement. What on earth are they thinking. What used to be a concise list is now taking up room and bandwidth!!! Morons!

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

By the way, don't try de-cluttering this new disaster of a save-search screen by un-favoriting your less-used searches ... That blue heart icon is not a "favorite" button - it's the DELETE button. I kid you not.

Some genius at eBay thought that a trash can is too obvious for a delete icon, so decided to use a heart icon instead. I guess eBay's IU designers coders didn't realize that a heart is used universally every where else on the internet (not to mention iPhone) as a like/favorite button. This is just sad.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Another possible workaround here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/my-saved-searches-list-has-changed/m-p/32712254/highlight...

Using a custom ad blocker filter rule or two, it is possible to suppress the large images and reduce the page to a multi-column text list of links.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for solution, but since I'm not a computer expert, is there any way that someone like me could actually apply this workaround?  Is there any way you could write something up that the average person could do to implement this?  I'm not at all intimidated by computers, and am willing to try anything, but I wouldn't know where to begin with this solution.  Any thoughts?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Exact details depend on your browser and computer. Not sure if Safari allows custom ad blocking rules, but most PC browsers should allow it.

Install an ad blocking add-on such as Ad Block or Ad Block Plus. Type the name into Google and the first result should bring you to a page that lets you install the proper version for your browser.

Once installed, open the settings of the ad blocking add-on by clicking on the new red icon that appears in your browser address bar, then clicking on the gear icon. There should be a section that allows you to update custom filters ("customize" "manually edit my filters" in Ad Block, "advanced" "edit my filters" in Ad Block Plus). Copy each line from the custom code, and paste it into the filter list on a separate line, and save the changes.

If you go to the Saved Searches page with the ad blocker active, the pictures should no longer appear.

If you get stuck, post a follow-up.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

im with all of you! ebay....please put it back to the way it was before the brilliant changes!! you are not making it any easier!!

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yes, an unmitigated disaster of a "solution" to a non-existent problem!!!  I see no possible reason for the change and until I found emeralitelamp's easy work around, I had drastically curtailed my use of Ebay and had been looking elsewhere when I needed to find (and purchase) something.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for the warning about the blue heart. This is so sad indeed, that I'm just shaking my head in disbelief.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply