cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown Sale stuck on pending

hey, ive recently just created a new markdown sale for 58 items and somehow the event is stuck on "pending" status.. and when i go into the markdown sale list it doesnt show any item..

any opinions?

thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Markdown Sale stuck on pending

Been there, done that. Did exactly what was suggested to "kick start" sale last month, and again this month. To no avail. ... Sale finally started last night only to wake up this morning to same issues as I started the day with yesterday. 

My suggestion is to just end any sale for a day or two, then try again. That's what I had to do a couple weeks ago when we were going through this same thing. Maybe the "glitch" will "work itself out", but I wouldn't hold your breath. This is certainly becoming, at first, a monthly thing, now a bi-weekly issue. And for some a daily issue.

This issue has however helped me revise pricing on items; as I believe this will continue to be an ongoing issue, so in the long run, items are reasonably priced with "Best Offer" included on most items. You may want to try this yourself?

Best of luck!! 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If it's still stuck and it hasn't started yet. Try making another one just like it and see if it will force the old one to start. I've done that in the past and the first one I'd made kicked in and started. Sorry not sure what else to advise. I've got the opposite issue going on now with one of mine, it won't end! & here it is the start of the weekend and I won't be home today to babysit it and I needed to kick off a even lower % sale to get some "hopefully," extra money in my pockets. Maybe wishful thinking on my part!  

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Been there, done that. Did exactly what was suggested to "kick start" sale last month, and again this month. To no avail. ... Sale finally started last night only to wake up this morning to same issues as I started the day with yesterday. 

My suggestion is to just end any sale for a day or two, then try again. That's what I had to do a couple weeks ago when we were going through this same thing. Maybe the "glitch" will "work itself out", but I wouldn't hold your breath. This is certainly becoming, at first, a monthly thing, now a bi-weekly issue. And for some a daily issue.

This issue has however helped me revise pricing on items; as I believe this will continue to be an ongoing issue, so in the long run, items are reasonably priced with "Best Offer" included on most items. You may want to try this yourself?

Best of luck!! 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I've been on Ebay for seven year full-time and 13 years before just using the site.  The sale-markdown manager is a critical part to making my business work and I've had problems with it from time to time but never so consistently and for so long.  It would be stuck on pending during major holidays but never everyday in and out.  For anyone that runs multiple sales per week it used to take a matter of minutes to run a sale and if running several at one time a few hours.  

This week it took nearly all day for the first time since I've been on Ebay because it took several hours for each sale to kick in because you have to wait for one to kick in and start before running another sale if you expect it to work.  This business is going from an annoyance, to a pain, to an unbearable chore just to run a sale.  I'm not going to keep calling technical support about this every time it happens.  I'm simply going to move on like so many other people are in the near future because it's not worth it.  I pay for a site that should work a vast majority of the times and that's simply not happening any more.  It's ashamed because in so many ways I know the site is a better platform than it was when I first started using it.  This company has never been a tech leader but I can no longer tolerate this.  

I know some sellers have to be spending far more time that me just to run a sale.  This week for the first time I had a sale on my account just start up even though I didn't even have an active sale running.  I'm spending 7-8 hours because these sale won't start for a few hours after I select the items, that's inexcusable.  I though about keeping an Ebay account active to keep selling things that I've had for a while but with the way they're  doing things it's simply not worth the time investment any longer.  This is such a shame but seller need a reliable site to sell on and for a while Ebay is no longer that site which is very unfortunate.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

For the last several weeks I've had the same issue. There is no real fix the Sale Manager simply doesn't work right. Even tech support can't fix this issue it's a deep rooted problem with the site, one of many glitches they need to fix permanently.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@oem-xcellence wrote:

I've been on Ebay for seven year full-time and 13 years before just using the site.  The sale-markdown manager is a critical part to making my business work and I've had problems with it from time to time but never so consistently and for so long.  It would be stuck on pending during major holidays but never everyday in and out.  For anyone that runs multiple sales per week it used to take a matter of minutes to run a sale and if running several at one time a few hours.  

This week it took nearly all day for the first time since I've been on Ebay because it took several hours for each sale to kick in because you have to wait for one to kick in and start before running another sale if you expect it to work.  This business is going from an annoyance, to a pain, to an unbearable chore just to run a sale.  I'm not going to keep calling technical support about this every time it happens.  I'm simply going to move on like so many other people are in the near future because it's not worth it.  I pay for a site that should work a vast majority of the times and that's simply not happening any more.  It's ashamed because in so many ways I know the site is a better platform than it was when I first started using it.  This company has never been a tech leader but I can no longer tolerate this.  

I know some sellers have to be spending far more time that me just to run a sale.  This week for the first time I had a sale on my account just start up even though I didn't even have an active sale running.  I'm spending 7-8 hours because these sale won't start for a few hours after I select the items, that's inexcusable.  I though about keeping an Ebay account active to keep selling things that I've had for a while but with the way they're  doing things it's simply not worth the time investment any longer.  This is such a shame but seller need a reliable site to sell on and for a while Ebay is no longer that site which is very unfortunate.

@oem-xcellence  - I understand your frustration.  It has been almost a month since I brought this up in the weekly chat and then started a follow up thread to provide support with examples.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Promotion-Manager-Markdown-Sale-Delays-Follow-Up-To-W...

A month later and we are still no closer to getting things fixed and have had no input from eBay except "we've reported it to the appropriate teams and they are working to resolve the issue."   If they can't handle it now, I'm afraid of what is going to happen for Black Friday/Cyber Weekend.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply