cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Literally cannot read descriptions

Our seller fault return rate is pretty consistent at around 4%. Of those, about 75% are where buyers failed to look past the first picture or read the description. I've always blamed both buyer negligence and eBay's lack of emphasis on descriptions / extra pictures on the mobile app for this and called it a cost of doing business, even if it shouldn't be one. eBay has never been known for good site design. 

This is getting a little ridiculous though. Now buyers can't even read descriptions if they wanted to, given that solving this captcha doesn't unlock anything. That's not even touching on why is a captcha necessary on an item description in the first place. Our return rate spiked in the last two weeks and sales went down by almost 60%. Wonder if it's a coincidence?

Just saying, I absolutely loathe this platform, always have and always will. It keeps me and my employees clothed and fed, but I hope and pray for the day a competitor comes along.

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Absolutely right - Ebay is completely unusable now because of this Captcha nonsense. Every seller with listed items, particularly auction items, is being cheated - what will Ebay do to redress that?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have called eBay about this same issue...they told me it was Chrome and that I should call google as it was only my account!  I have tried numerous browsers all with this same issue.  The only thing that works is the app on my phone.  Please contact their help line so they know this issue is over their whole site!  thanks!!! 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Apparently, they know this is an issue for everyone with every browser now because the Contact eBay screen says "If you're having trouble seeing product information from the eBay catalog, please try again later. We're looking into the issue and will have it fixed soon."

Guess I'll take a vacation day because I'm sure there will be NO sales today until this is fixed!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

maybe AI has taken over Ebay? vacation day sounds good about now. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Captcha

Captcha

Captcha

say it 3 times fast and poof your gone 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ebay is aware of buyers not reading the description,

case studies show, buyers read the top line and the bottom line and skip the middle

your best option is to clarify as much as possible in the first line.

i.e.

this item is new
this item is used
does not include
there are scuff or marks
etc, etc

Message 7 of 7
latest reply