cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Template Trouble

I had an html template that I used for all of my listings but now that the selling page has been updated and I can't even get the option to use the old one, html doesn't seem to work. It just shows the page with all of the coding.

Anyone have advice on how to get the same look or is there something I'm missing when I try to use my old one?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Listing Template Trouble

Greetings,

You have to go to the Description Edit TextBox.  You'll see a link to the upper right that says, "Show Options."  Click it and you will be met with a Dialog Box confirming.  Confirm it, then there will be a CheckBox saying "Show HTML."

You can revise an old listing, get to it's HTML same way then Cut and Paste it to a new listing or Notepad, a text editor etc. to keep and use it.

If you don't understand then drop me a message and I'll further explain.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@pandorasartbox 

HTML can be used for descriptions with the new listing form, although that option has been buried, two clicks down, as described in the post  above.

All my descriptions come from my HTML templates, which I keep on my desktop (because I’ve been on eBay a long time and would not trust it with my templates.)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@pandorasartbox 

As I described above, you can go to your sold listing and should be able to get you're HTML off of one of those.  If not, let me know I can do it for you from one of you're sold listings and message it to you, I'm a programmer amongst my varied talents.

I must ask, did you create the Halloween dollhouse items?  They are just AMAZING!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply