cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold on funds

funds should have been released yesterday and today on several items. 

-paypal still has funds on hold, phoned paypal and they said i need to call ebay to release funds. 

-called ebay and they said they had already released hold on funds, call paypal.

-Called paypal, said ebay had sent the lift hold request through as 1st january 1970, call ebay and ask them to resend.

-called ebay and explained what i had been told, said they havnt heard of this issue before, emailed me a refrence number to give to paypal so they can manually lift hold on money, call paypal

-called paypal, told them that Ebay had given me an email with paypal refrence numbers to lift hold, paypal told me that they cannot manually lift holds anymore as it goes through ebay

-called ebay, told them that paypal cant lift hold on money, ebay said they will look in to it. representative said that hold had already been lifted (ignored all of the above) and said i promise funds will be avalible today. just checked several hours later and they are still not avalible. 

I want my money this is rediculas 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hold on funds

Its within three business days..saturday and sunday excluded.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Then why did i get funds released last Sunday on the day it said I would get the funds? 

Spoken to eBay again and they have escalated it apprently as neither customer service team can release the hold on my funds.. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I'm having the exact same issue...GOING IN CIRCLES.. HOW DO YOU OPERATE A BUSINESS WHEN YOUR FUNDS ARE FROZEN..This seems illegal to me.. Everyone is losing business including eBay...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Same situation here for two items. Facebook groups are exploding with comments on this very issue. Something is not right if more than 50 sellers are having the same funds on hold issue. Some are new sellers and yet others have been long time sellers

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

i'm having the same exact issue i have a payment of $667.40 on hold and i have contacted paypal and ebay over 10 times each and they keep finger pointing at who's holding the funds, the ebay representatives keep telling me that paypal is holding the funds and that they already released it, they supposedly did over 4 manual releases then a representative arrogantly told me that her supervisor and/or manager would give me the same response she was giving me when infact her manager admitted that they were having severe malfunctions in there system and the worst part is that they have no approximation in time that i may get my funds so here i am 15 days later after receiving positive feed back & receiving the payment and shipping the product with ups and a tracking number with no funds being released yet and not even an approximation in time that I may receive them, so i could be up to months without receiving payment the manager said. So here i am, out of the product & the money.

TL;DR

15 days still no funds released talked to manager from ebay said they are having sever technical difficulties it could be up to months before i see any resolution of getting my funds they have no approximation in time it might be fixed, don't waste your time with representative they're not even aware on issues speak to a supervisor or manager. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Im having the same probems, over 500 on hold, and the money that the buyer has piad for priority mail , so they can get it in 3 days, is on hold, i cant even ship these items, as i use the money that the buyer pays, im already late in shipping and i still cant purchase a shipping label. its **bleep**. they take too much, and give little to niothging in return, ebay and paypal need compitition, we are getting taken advantage of

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

you hold money from your customers , lets say, a three day hold, for no reason, do that with millions of customers, just for 3 days, how many millions of dollars is that, and how much is interest on that large amount of money, for three days... and the more they hold, and the longer they hold it, the more in interest it gains... who gets this money..  i want my share of it, class action lawsuit anybody. anyone have any ideas

Message 8 of 8
latest reply