cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Buyers: How to Specify a Shipping Maximum

I know this option doesn't exist but it would be very helpful if it did. When searching in a category as a buyer one can specify a maximum price in order to see the listings that don't exceed it. But it would also be helpful to specify a maximum shipping cost. For instance, buying a pair of costume jewelry earrings within the continental U.S. shouldn't cost $12.00 (example) to ship to a U.S. address, yet listings of that kind exist.

I know, just don't bid on those, and I don't. But it would be another helpful filter. Just saying...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

After many years, most buyers have learned to purchase by total cost.  Doesn't matter whether item is $11 with $1 shipping, $1 with $11 shipping, or $12 with free shipping, it is still a $12 item.  

Regardless, like you, I would not purchase an item with an outrageously out of proportion shipping cost.  For one good reason, just in case any return refund might not include the shipping cost.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

When I see a small, lightweight item for really cheap (like the $1.00) you mentioned, and an absurd shipping price, I always get the feeling that the seller is trying to get away with something. It juts looks sketchy.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The biggest concern is in certain return/refund cases where the seller has the option not to refund the shipping part of the total.  Then he has one over on you, a risk I won't take.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply