cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by US only not working

When I perform a search and filter to US listings only, it removes almost all of the listings, including ones that are actually in the US ( I know this because I see some listings when I don't have the filter on that are in the US, and they disappear when I filter).  What is going on? Am I doing something wrong, or does the filter not work properly?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

robaroncape81
Adventurer

This filter has never worked properly.

You also can't set it as a priority so that it will always apply this filter.

I had problems with this back in the early 90's and of course it was never fixed.

The mobile android app filters a little better but its not perfect either.

The only thing you can do is to check both ways and be very dilligent before you press buy now.

I always recomend checking feedback as well.

Even though their feedback might be good make sure you read.

You might just find out that they haven't delivered anything in the last month and the last 20 sales are all people saying they never recieved their items but because the seller sold so many items in the last year they are still showing 99.9% good feedback. Yes I learned the hard way on this one and yes it took me over 30 days to get my money back.

Be safe on any site and always be wary about feedback

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

You are not doing anything wrong, unfortunately this filter is easily circumvented by sellers from other countries who ship from warehouses here in the US. eBay not only allows this, they encourage it.

You have to look at their feedback and delivery dates listed for a chance of catching them. Of course, if you don't receive your item by the last delivery date you can open an item not received case. That seems to be the only recourse left to buyers.

One thing I've noticed, if you see a stamp looking thing on the listing that says USA Seller, it probably isn't a USA seller.

Most buyers hate this and there seems to be absolutely no intention of fixing it.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply