cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No supported browser found to open the link

When I click on CHECKOUT I get the above message to pop up. I paid for some items a few days with no issues and I cannot figure this out. I use Google Chrome as my browser. I can get to PayPal through my app or website, just not through the button on eBay. Can anyone offer suggestions? I have deleted the apps and reinstalled with no improvement.  

Screenshot_20210704-080757_eBay.jpg

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Error: No supported browser found to open the link

Perfect.... Thank you VERY much, it did work with Duckduckgo, then stopped; turned default browser back to chrome and it's working perfectly!!!!! Thanks again!

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

It was the browser.....default from duckduckgo to chrome problem solved....thanks bro....Google loves to track.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

Hi, I had that same problem for some time and I tried so many different sets on my system phone management and browser settings following advice from several Youtubers. Nothing fixed it. Then, I just just uninstall and installed ebay app and all started to work normally again. Hope this help.

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I had the same problem after changing my default browser to Sophos Link Checker in an attempt to browse more securely. The eBay app's web wrapper that it passes to for PayPal transactions can't deal with this. I changed it back to Brave and it worked instantly.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Do you have Duck duck go or something similar. Try uninstalling that. Worked for me.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

I had this problem on my Android Poco X3 NFC phone. You need to change the default browser on your phone - mine was set to MI browser. I set the default to Chrome and it solved the problem in the Ebay app when purchasing goods using Paypal.
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/poco/poco-x3-nfc/faq/faq/change-default-browser-xiaomi-poco/
was the method I sought to change the default browser setting. Hope this helps someone, as I was going crazy trying to figure it out!

Message 21 of 21
latest reply