cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay wide Shipping issues

There appears to be a common theme around the most recent problem/issue sellers are having.  It's all associated with SHIPPING.  Ebay release there garuantee shipping on Aug 1st and have introduced a couple of seious issues around shipping which are impacting sales (i.e. real money) to us sellers.

Common issues: 

1) Can't bulk edit shipping options

2) Buyers are being prohibited from purchase from certian locations

3) Calculated shipping is not working.

Ebay, I was under the impression this technical board is monitored.  

I have yet to see any response from eBay.  

Everyone, if you are experiencing shipping related issues, feel free to pile onto this thread but would be better to start a new one for more visibility and hopefully eBay will take action.

Best of luck everone.  

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Reported my shipping issue forwarded to tech. Will not calculate price thus unable to print label.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

same problem since the very end of July to right now - my customers, for some reason, are being charged shipping for every item they purchase (like a few repeat buyers were charged shipping for each item totally $15 ... so had to waste my time in refunding over $11 in extra shipping charges.  FOR YEARs I have always charged $0.00 for each additional item.  

Since I saw some weird things happening on ebay at the end of July (like I saw my listings with a single shipping charge directly below the thumbnail & my starting price for my listings and then later that day it went away) .. and this is when I starting having combined shipping issues.  

I also noticed my 14-day return policy was back to 30-days AND my 3-day handling time was back to 1-day  I changed to 14-day policy & 3-day handling time as ebay was being too strick with shipping times when buyers leave feedback.  Why would I have changed them back to gambling with what USPS would deliver on time in eBays eyes?

So it let me (I thought) change these two items back BUT would not let me change my flat shipping cost additional items to $0.00 so I could correct whatever eBay had done.  Today, AGAIN, my return policy was back to 30 F'IN days ... **bleep** is going on.  Is eBay trying to force sellers to offer free shipping or something else?  merzies

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Can't print bulk priority labels if you select insurance. (For almost 3 months now)

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I know how you feel. I lost a large sale of many items last night because of the combined shipping not working. It is very frustrating as a seller and I know my buyer is upset. I am trying to help but I don't know what to do to fix it. Any ideas?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

We cannot ship orders through our connected shipping program shipstation

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I have NO print shipping button on my iPad since the "new" shipping. So,  I have to drag my laptop out...

Thanks for making me think I'm not just crazy!

-----------------------------------------
"How loud the mouth when the heart don't care..." ~ NL

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Our business is affected as well. Especially when it comes to attempting to print. Ebay brings up a generic page stating "this service is unavailable at this time" or "error 0" or another error with a SA0177 number on the end. This usually occurs on Monday's and Tuesdays between 0800 cst / 0600 pst and 1300 cst/ 1100 pst. Its awful. And if you happen to be a power seller with the 1 day handling time, you are royally screwed because you cannot get your packages out to be scanned if you can't get the labels to process via ebay. If you call ebay, there are no technical issues on their end. They try to give you the run around, did you update java/adobe/flash player, download the newest version of firefox/chrome/exployer, next, I bet they ask you if you've plugged your computer in. Ebay needs to add more servers to their mainframe big time. This is not a customer/seller issue. Its Ebay is too big for their britches and they can't handle the load. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply