cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Shopping Cart

The top right hand corner of my page shows 1 item in my shopping cart when in fact my shopping cart is emptly.  It's been like that all day.  I even tried logging out and logging back in.  Same thing. Anyone know how to fix that?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Ebay Shopping Cart

Appears others are having this issue it was mentioned in weekly chat today ebay answered on post 90
seems they couldn't replicate it so couldn't help much.
What browser are you using ? 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Sept-6th-1pm-PT-General-Topi...

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Google Chrome.   Never had any trouble until now. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@inhawaii 

Did you make a purchase recently?  I had this happen to me on multiple occassions in the past.  I would buy an item and pay, but the cart still had a number showing after.  Try adding a new item to your cart and then removing it.  See if the number goes away.  Then log out and clear all your cache and cookies on your browser.  

@labs118 

It is interesting to note the buyer in the Community Chat had previously bought an item.  Same as me.  I don't recall if I was using Internet Explorer or Google Chrome or both.  It seems like it is something to do with the cookies or cache though. 

I did add the step of adding and removing a new item from the cart.  I don't remember if I did this before or after clearing the cache and cookies, but I had to do both to get rid of the number.  If I did just one the number was still there.  

I haven't had this problem lately, but I haven't purchased anything using the cart in awhile either.  Also, I am using a different computer and browser now.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I tried adding stuff to the cart.   Logging out. Logging back in.  Removing the items from my cart.  Right now i have nothing in my crt, but it shows 2.  LOL  Something is messed up. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@inhawaii 

Did you clear the cookies and clear the cache in your browser also?  The cookies and cache hold information telling it to show the item number.  If you clear out cache and cookies that information should go away.  

When I had the problem before I also had multiple windows open.  Make sure you only have one window open when logging out of ebay.  I know this is frustrating. It frustrated me also. I kept experimenting until it finally went away.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Put an item in your cart and go to check out. Remove it there. Please let me know if this works. If this workaround no longer works for this annoying glitch I don't know what to do.
=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

The top right hand corner of my page shows 1 item in my shopping cart when in fact my shopping cart is emptly.  It's been like that all day.  I even tried logging out and logging back in.  Same thing. Anyone know how to fix that?

Hey @inhawaii, it looks like you've found a way to get this removed as I don't see the same issue on your account currently. Definitely keep me posted on anything else I can do to help and what steps you took that finally resolved this. I haven't been able to recreate this issue for anyone yet, but as soon as I can I will be happy to get this to our tech teams for review!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

As of right now, It's still showing 2 items in my cart when my cart is empty. Also, when i log in from my work computer, it shows the same thing. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It's been a week and it still shows 2 items in my empty shopping cart.  We can send men to outter space and back. We can video chat on our phones.  We can transplant major organs.  Why can't we fix my Ebay shopping cart?   LOL

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@knowledge_base_team

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

This problem is still happening on my PCs / tablets, etc. and on the various mainstrem browsers.  I log out of all computers involoved. Then log back into any one.  The orange "1" still appears immediately next to the cart and will not go away even after trying all the tricks mentioned in this and several other related threads. I did buy something a week ago and the 1 has not gone away since. 48 hours is not working.  Adding and removing items from cart is not working.  Deleting all eBay cookies is not working.  Please make it go away.... I look to the upper right corner for tje orange "bell" to notice incoming sales and questions.  It is very very distracting to see the same orange 1 for an empty cart on every ebay page load and there is no selling action to take. Crazy.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply