cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout issues with PayPal

Anonymous
Not applicable

The checkout seems to be down ?? !!

Adding username/password in the popup paypal window and the nothing happens just the spinning wheel a few sec.

Tried from dif. devices and browsers but with the same result

My paypal account works fine from other sites

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dhbookds wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
My problem was solved when I turned of 2Factor security on my paypal account
Not a good solution reducing security to use ebay

@Anonymous 

is this double security verification for paypal working on ebay?  Several people have confirmed if it was shut off in PP, the checkout could be completed on ebay........

Hi @dhbookds, I'm not seeing an influx of reports similar to the one discussed here. That being said, our Social Media team has reported the details on to our tech teams for review and we'll be sure to investigate for a fix!

Message 16 of 48
latest reply

I'm having a similar problem. I can't check out for an auction I just won if I try to use PP as the payment option. I do have 2FA enabled. I am NOT going to disable it. 

I have already notified the seller that I'm having problems paying. 

I attempted to CALL eBay support a few minutes ago and got a pre-recorded message saying that they're performing "upgrades" and that they can't take my call... WTH?!?

Any upgrade that could potentially cause sitewide issues should be flagged on every stinking page on this site!

In the meantime, I'm going to hope this problem "magically" fixes itself in a couple hours and try again.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

@Anonymous 

Some users with similar checkout issues indicate that they have had better results using Internet Explorer. If you are using Microsoft Edge, there is an option to "Open in Internet Explorer" in the three dot menu on the right side of the address bar. Might be worth a try if you are on a PC.

As the previous poster said, if you are using Paypal's 2-Factor Authentication, try turning it off temporarily to complete the purchase. 

If you can think of any reason why your particular setup is different from most folks who are not experiencing this issue, please post further details. Perhaps there is a common link -- operating system version, anti-virus suite, proxy settings, internet service provider, location?

See, Internet Explorer is a good thing Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

@joetron2030 wrote:

I'm having a similar problem. I can't check out for an auction I just won if I try to use PP as the payment option. I do have 2FA enabled. I am NOT going to disable it. 

I have already notified the seller that I'm having problems paying. 

I attempted to CALL eBay support a few minutes ago and got a pre-recorded message saying that they're performing "upgrades" and that they can't take my call... WTH?!?

Any upgrade that could potentially cause sitewide issues should be flagged on every stinking page on this site!

In the meantime, I'm going to hope this problem "magically" fixes itself in a couple hours and try again.

I've seen numerous reports of the same or similar problems trying to pay for purchases (see other threads here). 

eBay needs to step up and resolve this quickly. 

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

I am on a windows 10 pc that is fully updated. I have PayPal 2 step verification turned on and am not having this issue paying with PayPal using a Microsoft Edge.

Message 20 of 48
latest reply

Perhaps I am not having this issue as I am a seller with a eBay store and have a auto payment set up for my monthly eBay invoice for the fees my store gets.

Message 21 of 48
latest reply

I just had a potential buyer tell me they got the message that this seller doesn't accept paypal. I called ebay and they told me to call paypal. Both ebay and paypal say they see nothing wrong. So who knows whats going on?

Message 22 of 48
latest reply

@parkersparrow 

I just had a potential buyer tell me they got the message that this seller doesn't accept paypal.

I put one of your items in my cart and went to checkout, and was able select paypal payment options without issue. Unless the problem occurs after confirming payment, or has to do with a particular item, I do not see it.

But I have not experienced a problem with paypal as others apparently have.

In any case, just a data point.

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

@eburtonlab  Thank, I made a test purchase myself and was able to use paypal with no issues. Thinking it may just be a problem on the buyers end.

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

Try this it work for another user.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/for-who-can-t-check-out-with-paypal/m-p/30040305#M592...

You must login paypal, and click on the gear icon at the top, then once inside go in security tab, under stay logged in for faster purchases, click edit create a token in your current device, once done, you will be able to check out in ebay..

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

To all...Please let us know if this solution works for you.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 26 of 48
latest reply

@eburtonlab

It happens at checkout when you select paypal and sign in to paypal then  it comes back to the ebay page where you usually click confirm and then you see the error. The error will gray out paypal and will gray out the confirm purchase button so you cannot complete purchase. At first glance it looks like it is ok but you have to log into paypal first on the checkout page and then you will see it, the error message and all the grayed out buttons. I just found out by a SR rep on ebay and paypal both that ebay is blocking paypal payments on purpose to force people to switch over to their managed payment system. I spent hours on the phone today because none of my buyers and i have a lot of them said not one could pay for items.

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

Just got off the phone with cs, it is a known issue and the technical department is working on it,,so they say......I hope that is not true what was posted above about ebay blocking orders on purpose to force people to use the new payment system because there has been no announcement about that happening right now and in that form! As a buyer I have tried to purchase something today and I cant, through paypal anyway, and as a seller/store no orders have come in so there is definitely a problem. 

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

@thegardeningworld 

I spent hours on the phone today because none of my buyers and i have a lot of them said not one could pay for items.

Just today I paid for two transactions using paypal (not managed payments), so it would seem that not everyone is being blocked.

If you are having trouble checking out with paypal, try the link that dollybeauty included above. It is possible that changing a paypal setting will allow you to complete the check out process. If that works for you, please follow up. And forward the link to your buyers.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

@norskmediashop

Sadly it is true because i spent an hour talking to senior rep at paypal and they explained everything to me. They also told me ebay is telling lies to everyone when they say they are going to integrate paypal into the ebay managed payments which is not true because paypal says as of june 2020 ebay is no longer going to do business with paypal at all. Paypal said at that time they will only be able to process payments for individual websites that want to use paypal so ebay has lied to us for months on that as well. They also stated they were getting 1000's of calls about this issue of not being able to receive payments with paypal or buyers not being able to pay by choosing paypal because ebay indeed is doing it to force people into ebay managed payments. I have 30 to 40 says a day on average and all of a sudden i get an invitation to ebay managed payments and then i have no sales and i wondered why so had someone try and checkout with one of my items and it errored which is what then made me call ebay and paypal.  Paypal told us this because they have no skin in the game anymore and are not worried about backlash from ebay because ebay has already screwed them just like they are screwing sellers on ebay. If you call ebay yeah they will say they know of the issue and are fixing it which is a lie because a ebay rep told me that is a lie and they are told to say that. After 20 years it looks like we are finished here and will be giving our fees to other marketplaces who actually respect its sellers by not telling them lies and hurting their business on purpose in order to make you do something.

Message 30 of 48
latest reply