cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captchas missing content

It's bad enough you make me fill out a captcha but now they are coming across empty. I can't see the image to pick and it's not letting me click past them because you make it a requirement to login. I eventually got one with missing pictures that didn't matter that I was able to get past. 

I put screenshots below. 

cap1.JPG

cap2.JPG

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Captchas missing content

What browser are you using? Is it the latest version? Are you using a VPN?

You should have some options below the Captcha selections: Refresh, Info and "Skip". Try the first or last. If those are not working for you, try refreshing the original page.

In addition, if you use the three dot menu in the lower left of the Captcha window, you should see some options to report a bug or request a text challenge instead of images.

Or try a different browser altogether. Preferably the latest version of a popular browser with no add-ons enabled and default settings.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/technical-issues/technical-issues?id=4220

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

Me too. Even changed browsers and the problem was still there. Guess I'll just watch the Trump trial instead as it is very entertaining.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

Same here.

Tried Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Opera. Turned off all extensions. Tried private windows in all. Tried Tor. Same issue everywhere!

Tried to contact support from my phone through the app that is logged in and I can view all of my account, BUT, it asks for captcha and the same issue happens in the app, missing images and clicking next does nothing. Clicking the reload image does nothing.

I've got orders to fulfill. This is going to effect badly against my seller level when customers don't get their orders because I can't print out a label and receipt.

I can't even contact support!

Trying to contact support to report an issue with their captcha system and I'm presented with a captcha to solve that can not be solved and can not contact support. !!! 

Brilliant!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

Adding kyle@ebay and elizabeth@ebay just in case Devon's out today. This is a time-sensitive issue as demonstrated by @garyinquinlan above.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hi devon@ebay . There are several posters reporting this issue. More here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Can-t-Sign-In-or-Out-of-Ebay-with-Brand-N...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/hCaptcha-probelm/m-p/34450783#M674067

Hey @wastingtime101! Thank you for letting me know I will have this reported on my end. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

Thanks very much, Devon.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

When the hCaptcha pops up just click on the ebay logo above it. It worked for me

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

@vw.nos wrote:

It's bad enough you make me fill out a captcha but now they are coming across empty. I can't see the image to pick and it's not letting me click past them because you make it a requirement to login. I eventually got one with missing pictures that didn't matter that I was able to get past. 

I put screenshots below. 

cap1.JPG

cap2.JPG

Hey @vw.nos! As of this morning there is a sitewide ticket open on this issue that I will have added to the Tech board here shortly. In the meantime, if yourself or others are still running into to this please reach out to customer support to have your account added to the ticket ALERT15299.

Devon,
eBay
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

Devon,

Please can you do something about the captchas that display every time I login? It's at least once a day and sometimes more than once. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Captchas missing content

I have been experiencing the capcha in various manner, sometime when logging in, and logging out, sometimes when trying to view/leave feedback etc.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply