cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save draft- Get endless whirling donut.

Hello Sellers and Techies-- This problem has been happening repeatedly the last few weeks.  I create new listing, but have to take the pictures. I hit "save as draft" and I get the whirling donut forever.  The only thing I can do is redo the entire draft.  On one draft it happened 3 times.  This wastes so much time.  I am frustrated and angry. I have spent 10s of hours redoing drafts.  What is wrong? Am I doing something wrong? Does ebay know about this problem.  Is there something I can do so it does not happen ?  Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Cannot save draft- Get endless whirling donut.

What else are you running when you try to save a draft?  I have problems when running a Youtube video. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

There used to be info here on how to report it and the info CS requires, but it looks like eBay removed the info. Can you please add it back velvet@ebay? This is (another) one of those resolved issues that you said might flare up again.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

There used to be info here on how to report it and the info CS requires, but it looks like eBay removed the info. Can you please add it back velvet@ebay? This is (another) one of those resolved issues that you said might flare up again.

Hey @wastingtime101! I've updated the post with this tech issue as well. It's unfortunate to hear these things are still going on for some of our members. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Hi-- I am not running anything else.  I have one thing open--- creating draft

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Hi--- I am the original poster.  It just happened again.  I uploaded photos onto a partial draft. hit save as draft, endless whirling donut.  now I have to upload photos again !!!!!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hi Velvet-- I am the original poster with the whirling donut issue.  I just wanted to let you know that I have cleared cache, cleared browsing history, cleared cookies numerous times. Still get the donut.  I have no other windows open when I am creating drafts.  I just have create new listing open.  I thought maybe the problem is how I click on save as draft.  I have tried quick click, lingering click, in between click, multiple quick clicks.  Still get the donut.  It happened again today.  Lost all the photos.  Have to start over loading photos. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Anybody experiencing this should report it to CS @boscobosco22. The more sellers reporting it, the higher priority the issue will get in the fix queue. Details can be found here with the help ticket number and info CS will need.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hi Velvet-- It is me (I) again.  I got the whirling donut again.  Worked on a draft. Had it almost finished.  I just needed to go weigh it.  I hit Save Draft and I got the Whirling Donut Again ! I lost another half-hour plus I got angry and frustrated and stomped around for a while.  My poor dogs did not know what to make of me.  Can't ebay fix this once and for all ?    It is so demoralizing and makes me just want to give up.   

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

The only time that I run into this is when I take a long time doing a draft. As a "work around'  when it is taking/will be taking a while to finish, I try to remember to just go ahead and save the draft, and then reopen to finish after I get the pics ready.  Saves some stomping, and blue air instances.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Hi--BuySellJack 2016---That is what I was doing.  I needed to step away, so I hit save draft for later completion.;  It did no t save. I was trying to save the draft, but it would not save.  I just got the whirling donut forever.  

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Same thing here!!!!!! very frustrating. i had to save a preview every time i editied the variations or else i lost them. The did all my final tweaks and was back to square one. This is crazy thats its a regular thing. total waste of time

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Potential Recovery Method (Chrome Browser)

If get the endless spinning saving or posting message:

Right click on the open tab at top of browser and select "Duplicate".

For me this restored the page with all the information I had just typed in including uploaded images.

I then saved a draft to secure it, then went back in and posted the listing.

note: I had to leave work so left it spinning all night - so when posted it was many hours after the initial glitch. But at least I did not lose any of my work!!

Hope helps someone.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply