cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Editor - find and replace not working?

So, as I am being moved to MP in the next day or so I decided to take out the verbiage about paying with PayPal and only shipping to the PP address from my descriptions.

I did a find and replace on Bulk editor which allegedly worked but no, it didn't.

When I check my listings it's exactly the same as it always was.

So what now? I'm supposed to go through and replace it one by one on over 500 listings? Really? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bulk Editor - find and replace not working?

Same problem.  did you find a solution?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've been having this issue for months.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Find and replace is very finicky.  It will work, but you must get the 'find' exactly as it is in the listing text.  You need to type it - do not copy it from a listing. Start small - get it to work on a few words before you try a paragraph, etc.

I also found that it works better to actually replace with something other than blank text, which is what is suggested when you want to delete text.  So instead of just removing all the text about PayPal, try replacing it with something like 'your payment options are displayed on the payment tab.'

wooden_flower Volunteer Community Mentor.
eBay member since 2001.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I ran into this awhile back for it seamed like half the changes were not being saved. I think this is most likely a ram or low processor issue due to to much traffic on eBay's servers limiting the resources for the bulk editing tool. I found the fewer listings I did the less chance of mistake. Or you can  do larger sets and after each set of 200 go into the seller hub / active listings and search your listings description for the word PayPal. The load another set of listings from that search result.  Eventually you will get them all changed.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Basically if you are trying to find and replace in a lot of listings it won't work. Although it's more time consuming, what I do is use the bulk editor and then use edit individual and copy paste what I want it to say. Then click next. I do it with every listing.  It is a pain in the butt but will be done the right way and you won't be frustrated having to redo and re-correct every listing that doesn't change.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply