cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book Not Showing Up In Search Indexing?

I made an auction for a book as usual and now all the sudden for hours it would not show up in a search and still has not 9 hours later, so I made new auctions and still has not shown up yet, yet other items show up immediately. eBay claims my book was randomly selected for "indexing" and can take up to 24 hours to show in a search. **bleep** is this stupid **bleep**? I only remember this happening before a few times like 10 years ago with a DVD.

I wanted to list and sell it as fast as possible to get something else, and as if eBay is not slow enough with all their stupid MP trash now I can't even get my item in a search to sell it. By the time it is listed, sold, and the money is in my account I am sure the other item will be long gone as usual. A billion dollar site and you can' even get a book up on it as it has to be indexed? So why can't an item be listed and still indexed? What a crock of **bleep** and huge waste of time. No to mention they are also hurting themselves because other items are not being bought until items are sold as in my case, if they are even still there.

Is this just an issue with books and DVDS? eBay should pay me restitution fees for all the time they wasted with all this **bleep** nonsense daily now, and I hope another auction site comes along REAL soon  so I can get off this **bleep** hole for good.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

So I ended the listing and did a new one again, this time completely new and did not click "sell similar" on my own listing and also deleted it first, and under a slightly different category and now it worked. I also think eBay had that stupid check mark on "schedule" an auction at a later date or something which I always have to uncheck. But my auction was created though but showed an ending date of 31 days not the standard 29, so maybe that was the issue combined with indexing. Not sure a I said I only seen this like 2 times in 23 years with DVD and books. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

New listings have to be indexed to appear in search. Until they are indexed, they cannot be found.

Indexing can take up to 24 hours to accomplish, though sometimes it does not take that long.

If you revise a listing before it is indexed and appears, it goes to the back of the line to await indexing again.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Well apparently that isn't true as I created a new auction and the book listed immediately as usual. The other one was not showing up after 9 hours and I am not sure it ever would show up, as I couldn't afford to wait and have eBay waste even more of my time and money. So how come out of 100,000 listing over 22 years I only had to wait for indexing 2 times now? Seems more like a bug to me. The item should be listed and viewable immediately as it usually is, eBay is a billion dollar company with the best computer technology so they say, so this should not even be a problem and any "indexing" should be immediate  as it usually is.  

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just listed another book set and it appeared instantly in the search. So this was either a random occurrence or a bug. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Everything I listed today is gone as well.  Last item that shows up is from last night.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hmm.... seems it's only from some places.... I click from here I see them... 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

yeah I noticed that as well sometimes you can see them from other places but on mine I could not find them from anywhere until I rel sited them and used a different category. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply