cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Offer

Hopefully someone sees this that cares to fix it. Best offer cannot be declined when item is out of stock. This buyer won't know it is out of stock until the offer expires because I cannot decline it. This is Halloween costume and so time is important to this person. It used to work fine to let the person know the item is sold, now it is broken, it worked last week.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Best Offer

@barbbie111   Can you click on the buyers user ID and message them from their profile page?  

Here's how to contact customer service: 

You can select the option to have eBay call you from the left hand side of the screen. If you are located outside of US or Canada then you will need to use the Chat option or Social Media.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4822&st=10

If you are using a cell phone turn off the spam filter or it may block the call back

2. Or you can also contact customer service by sending a private message on social media. You leave a message and an eBay employee will get back to you as soon as possible. To speed things up you can leave your registered account information in the PRIVATE message: Full name, address, phone number, email address, user ID, and a brief explanation of your problem.

https://twitter.com/askebay
https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I must be missing something --- if the item is OOS, why is the listing available for the buyer to make an offer?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

I must be missing something --- if the item is OOS, why is the listing available for the buyer to make an offer?

@soh.maryl , maybe the buyer made their offer before the last one was sold.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ending the listing will cause it to be  declined or

you can set the quantity to one for a minute, decline with a message attached and then change it back to zero. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

@lacemaker3 

I don't think that's the case. If there's a pending offer and someone else does a BIN, a notice that the offer was declined goes to the offerer. (I've had it happen to me.) 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@soh.maryl wrote:

@lacemaker3 

I don't think that's the case. If there's a pending offer and someone else does a BIN, a notice that the offer was declined goes to the offerer. (I've had it happen to me.) 

@albertabrightalberta , that makes sense, but in that case, the issue the OP was worried about wouldn't have happened. Maybe the OP wasn't aware that the person who made the offer would be informed about that.

I was just offering a suggestion that made more sense, to me, than someone being able to submit an offer on a listing that was out of stock, which should not be possible. I just checked an out-of-stock listing that is in my watchlist, and I could not place an offer on it. The only action button on the listing was "Add to list".

Message 7 of 7
latest reply