cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artificial External Site Views ?

For well over a month I get a day here and there where my external site views blow up ..... and it happens fast.  I just had 300 external site views in a little over a hour, My average full day would be between 25-45.

The really odd thing is these views will disappear in a few days on my graph and be replaced by a more normal amount. This would not bother me at all except it drops my average sales conversion rate down also artificially. I am not sure if this a glitch or some odd way of throttling accounts.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Artificial External Site Views ?

Yep, it's been happening for a long time and it's very common that if you keep track over several days you will see the numbers change.

eBay's excuse for it is that it can take 72 hours for the reports to reconcile and they have a disclaimer to that effect in the info pop up on that page - obviously their definition of "near-real time" needs a little work. 😂

2023-08-09_19-14-01.jpg

Official explanation from eBay staff when this was brought up on a previous thread:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Significant-Drops-in-eBay-Impressions-and-Organic-Page-Views-A...

I'm not saying I buy that explanation mind you, but if you ask eBay about it, that's where they will point you and say it's all just working as intended.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply