cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Search not working

Tried to pull up a seller in the Advance search page and it is not working.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Advance Search not working

There are numerous threads on this and I just don't see what the problem is.

eBay DID change things up a lot, but using Firefox, if I click on the "By seller" link on the upper left of the advanced search page it reloads the page, navigating down to the Seller section near the bottom of the page.

Click the "Only show items from" checkbox, enter one or more seller names (separated with a space), tweak the rest of the search filters and keywords, hit search, and there be the search results for that seller or sellers.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Thanks that worked.  I wish those jerks at ebay would tell us when they change a page that we use all the time.  Before we just typed in the seller name at the top.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@berserkerplanet wrote:
There are numerous threads on this and I just don't see what the problem is.

eBay DID change things up a lot, but using Firefox, if I click on the "By seller" link on the upper left of the advanced search page it reloads the page, navigating down to the Seller section near the bottom of the page.

Click the "Only show items from" checkbox, enter one or more seller names (separated with a space), tweak the rest of the search filters and keywords, hit search, and there be the search results for that seller or sellers.

That works great if the seller has some current listings. If they don't have anything listed it looks like they don't exist until you do some digging and clicking.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Yes, this does work--but--the particular seller's page that I access will NOT update! I contacted the seller and they are adding items daily. Other seller's pages do update. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

>>That works great if the seller has some current listings

Sorry, I must be missing something here because I don't understand your objection. If you search for the seller and it comes up with zero listings, you hit "Sold" and/or completed to see their recent sold listings. If that isn't what you were looking for, the road does end there.

Is the following what the point of this thread is? https://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=25

(I can be somewhat dense at times grin )
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

>>seller's page that I access will NOT update

What page? A search for all seller items? A store page? What do you mean by "will NOT update"?
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Hi folks and thanks for the comments! Please excuse me for not being more clear!

The seller I follow--- kehoutlet  ---adds items daily to its ebay page. I usually search the page using "newly listed' settings. Although the seller adds items daily--I haven't been able to access a new listing since May 28. I contacted kehoutlet and they say they have listed many new items since May 28.

That's what I meant by "not updating"--so--how do I fix the page so that new and current listings appear? This did not happen before ebay changed the way the page opened..

Thanks!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

There are about a dozen search related issues right now involving store search, general search, and advanced search, so being specific is pretty much required to know what the issue is.

I looked at that seller - both the store and a search of all their items - nothing newer than May 28th shows anywhere with a newly listed search.

Changing a general search of seller's items to ending soonest, and going to last page (of 4099 items), yields 1 item listed today,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-80-320mm-F-4-5-5-6-SMC-FA-Black-K-Mount-Autofocus-Lens-58/2924723867...
and the rest still 5/28 or newer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GoPro-Hero-3-Digital-Action-Camera-W-Standard-Housing-Waterproof-to-131/372...

Something weird is going on on the store pages (I think. I so rarely visit eBay store pages I'm not sure I'd know if something was out of whack).

In the store, with filter set to "Ending soon", a handful of auctions show up with ending times in the next few hours, but everything (I checked) on the following 85 pages show no times. The items themselves do. Don't know if that's a new development or not. Checked another seller's store and it's the same, so I guess that's the new? appearance.

A difference is that items at the end of the other sellers store listing had gray "Newly listed" banners on them and were fresh listings. The one listing of your seller's that I linked to above listed today and less than 10 hours old has no newly listed banner on it. (believe "newly listed" status sticks for 24 hours, but may be wrong or that's no longer the case)

I'm looking at things with Firefox 31 (and just an eBay Seller - no inside info or anything)
(and general search now appears to be totally broken, reverts to 25 results per page every time a new page is loaded, resets to page 1 of search when items per page is changed, and nearly impossible to get to last page of 4000 items because of that)

I think there is something messed up with your seller's store.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Wow! Thanks for your time and help, beserkerplanet! Greatly appreciated! I'll contact KEH again and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Sure thing paulb. Let us know what you figure out.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Once again--thanks for your time! And--the search is working again! Someone at ebay must actually look at these posts! 🙂

Thanks again! Best to you...

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Glad it seems to be working, but I don't think eBay fixed anything.

Yesterday there were about 4000 listings, today it shows 5830.

That one Pentax lens that was newly listed yesterday (but had no "newly listed" banner on it) is still there, preceded by listings from before 5/28, and followed by about 2000 new listings that went up today and show "newly listed".

Still no sign of the hundreds, thousands, or whatever the number is of new listings the seller supposedly put up between 5/28 and 6/3.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Their page usually had 5000+ items--it looked like the items added since 5/28 were all dumped into 6/4--oh well. The page continues to have more new items almost hourly--so we'll hang on and see.

We'll hope for the best--- 🙂

Thanks again...!!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

if ebay is going to offer an advanced search, and it definately should, THEN put it back to how it was, because the new  advanced search is a total mess, that does not work. As a buyer, I want to see what an item sold for, so I can feel out the market price for things that I want to purchase. I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOMETING SIMILAR. If I wanted to see something similar, then I would search for it myself. Very poor ebay!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply