cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 When eBay Won't Help You With Technical Issues . . . Guess Who Pays For It?

More technical issue, simple fix, why won't eBay listen? 

This software has more glitches than should be allowed.  Want to guess who's paying for those glitches, me.  4% subtracted from my money, due to eBay's software. 

I currently have 5 listing with the message to reply to buyer.   I reply to my clients, it's how I make a living. There are no unanswered questions. 

Doesn't provide customer service - Check

On December 26, 2018, all my listings disappeared. eBay helped me by restoring my listings, but when they were restored, items that had sold, items that didn't sell in auctions, or items cancelled ALL came back when restored. Some had the wrong photos, some item had sold months prior. Each and every listing had to be reviewed. It tooks days.  eBay explained they could take ny store down, so I had to work with live listings.

Everything that was gone was marked SOLD.  Despite being marked SOLD on the item and I changed the price to $1.00, until I could get to each item - People were still purchasing items. I had to refund their funds and explain there was a problem.

I now have six defects against me. 

Three are actual returns.  Company could not provide the item, nor could I find another vendor, every client receive full refund.   

One I allowed a client to cancel last Summer. 

One return for a item that's not in my inventory. 

One item I found on my list, eBay didn't have  listed from from the time the inventory disappeared. 

Large Defect Rate - Check

Now I have a listing that sold this morning.  The client paid, everything is great, right?  No, the item is still listed as active.  I'm not deleting it, because I'll get charged for cancelling the listing.  If someone purchase, eBay can deal with it, because a below standard seller.  

So there you go.  Stupid glitches in the software and is costing me 4% extra on every item I sell because I'm now deemed "Below Standard" and not a single person will do a thing about it.  Why?  Because they don't have to.  

So, you tell me who is operating Below Standards . . . It Ain't Me Babe!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: 2019 When eBay Won't Help You With Technical Issues . . . Guess Who Pays For It?

Hi,

We have the same problem, items get listed again even when sold,
Also we have changed our store name, then all the fun begins. Store theme is complete gone.

When edit it again, nothing happens. We have a € 260,- subscrib for international sales, personal contact (there isnt), max profit on costs.

Our .com store let us see 3 categories, our Benelux store shows it all.
https://www.ebay.com/str/odndvintageaudioandvideo
And Benelux
https://www.ebay.nl/str/odndvintageaudioandvideo
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: 2019 When eBay Won't Help You With Technical Issues . . . Guess Who Pays For It?

@odnd_vintage_audio 

I usually bypass the storefront and look directly at a user's items for sale. In the US, I can see 15 of your items listed. Here's one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172970134140

It is denominated in dollars could ship to me by "Standard Shipping from outside US" by March 26.

If I change my search page item location from default to worldwide, I see you have 3970 items listed. Here is one that I did not see before:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173831779809

For me, it is denominated in Euros and could ship to me by "Standard Shipping (Standard international)" also by March 26.

If you can figure out the difference between the two listings, you might be able to figure out why one is visible in the US by default and one is not.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Sorry you're experiencing this problem. 

I'm a Frequent Buyer since 2010 and have had the worst experience on eBay this past month.  I'm posting and monitoring Community Boards for the first time and intend to provide a summary to eBay Leadership in San Jose.  There are many, many issues that need resolution.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply