cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I do the right thing cancelling my LV bag listing after having bids on it? - fake or real?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Did I do the right thing cancelling my LV bag listing after having bids on it? - fake or real?

I am helping my mom sell some items on ebay.  She has quite a few designer and vintage bags that she has bought in Europe.  One of them being this LV bag. We listed it last week and recieved bids on the item.  But after so many e-mails that it is not authentic we decided to remove the listing.  We do not wish to put either ourselves or the buyer in any situation that authenticity or our credibitlity is questioned.  Can I get some feedback from some honest and reliable ebayers to help us on the authenticity?   So much stuff out there on the internet that it gets very, very confusing.

The listing number is : Item number: 291688346876

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi, 

Well to answer your first question yes I think you did the right thing, it may be a disappointment to the existing bidders however is anyone of them question you about it explain and It just shows your are honest. 

Now for the bag, it would be very hard to tell just by the picture however I do believe it is not authentic based on the following :

-Sewing on the interior "Louis Vuitton Paris" is not straight around it.

- Handle is too beige, untreated natural leather usually oxidise with time even it it hasn't been used muxh therefor unless the bag is less then 1 year old it should be darker.

-"Lv" logo on the envelope is definitely not legit.

There is a website that can authenticate products for you and provide you with a certificate about them, I will try to find what it is and let you know. There is a cost involved but for expensive items, you will get more and be sure it's authentic.

Hope this helps, IL try to come and give you the website before the end of the day today

Regards 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yes, you absolutely did the right thing cancelling the listing. Looking at the photos, there is no doubt that the bag you listed is counterfeit. There are many, many things wrong with the bag, but not for the reasons given in another post.

The most obvious signs of the bag beiing counterfeit are the swatch sample and the little envelope and other assorted "paperwork." Louis Vuitton has never used any of those. In addition, the font on the interior heat stamp is incorrect, and on an authentic Manhattan GM (which is what your bag is pretending to be), the date code is stamped into the lining inside the interiror pocket. I could go on but suffice it to say, the bag is not authentic.

If you plan to list any other designer bags, there's another ebay community board (see link below) where there are experts in Louis Vuitton and many other designers. They're happy to assist with authentications and answer your questions, but to protect yourself and your buyers in the future, please post your photos and questions before listing an item.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the great information.  Much appreciated.  I will be sure to utilize ebay communities from now on.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much for your quick response and helpfull information.  Much appreicated!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Its a shame that so many counterfeight is now being traded in the world, kinda gives a bad name to brand name that, when authentic offer wonderful and exclusive products.

Unfortunatly it is not about to stop, but it is nice to see that there is still honnest people that are not looking to scam people. 

And thank you for your input. 

@debbie*bay wrote:

Yes, you absolutely did the right thing cancelling the listing. Looking at the photos, there is no doubt that the bag you listed is counterfeit. There are many, many things wrong with the bag, but not for the reasons given in another post.

The most obvious signs of the bag beiing counterfeit are the swatch sample and the little envelope and other assorted "paperwork." Louis Vuitton has never used any of those. In addition, the font on the interior heat stamp is incorrect, and on an authentic Manhattan GM (which is what your bag is pretending to be), the date code is stamped into the lining inside the interiror pocket. I could go on but suffice it to say, the bag is not authentic.

If you plan to list any other designer bags, there's another ebay community board (see link below) where there are experts in Louis Vuitton and many other designers. They're happy to assist with authentications and answer your questions, but to protect yourself and your buyers in the future, please post your photos and questions before listing an item.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You sound like an honest seller but you have another problem with a bag sold on Feb-05 20:37. The bag described in the title as "Authentic COACH crossbody bag Tan Red Brown Needs some leather conditioner" wasn't made by Coach. You might consider contacting the buyer, issuing a refund and allowing her to destroy the bag.

As was suggested above, I recommend you post on the fashion board for advice.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 8
latest reply