Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Share Post
Highlighted

More work added to my daily routine!

signaturesupply
Adventurer
Things have been going from bad to worse. I am considering going back to square one and doing everything manually again. eBay is continually adding new features and fee driven options that are both costly and time consuming. The only person benefiting from these "upgrades" is eBay. As a matter of fact, with each new idea eBay has, it gets me that much closer to closing down. Those of you who know me, also know that I lay alot of personal information on the table and speak freely about my own situation. I am not looking for pity but rather solutions. It now takes me twice as long and twice as many employees to maintain my sales on eBay than it did 5 years ago. In the good old days, mister lister worked great. I used macro programs to send out payment notifications and people sent me money - what a concept. Along came Paypal and with that came a whole other product to monitor. Then came Turbo Lister to replace Mister Lister. An upgrade? Well if you list 50 items a week I suppose it is! So as time went on, more and more products, benefits, enhancements (whatever you want to call 'em) were added to the system. Now in order to keep pace, we needed to add another employee to follow all these different scenarios for payment and listing, etc. and we had to sign on to a third party PSP - more fees! Then Item Specifics, which does not work in every listing application and has had many glitches like most eBay programs when they first roll out. Not too worry though, us Beta Testers will report all the glitches! Now today's newest update - not certain if it is happening to everyone. Logging into eBay it is automatically opening another eBay browser to the "sell your item" page. Just another hump to get over. My intention was not to rant but rather to vent - placing pillow firmly over face... Mike
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES

in reply to Jul 30, 2004 11:53:43 AM
Mike, That doesn't sound like an eBay thing...could there be some adware on your machine? I had a similar instance of eBay windows always popping up on one ouf our machines, and it turned out to be deeply-rooted maketing software. Anthony
Message 2 of 8

in reply to Jul 30, 2004 1:04:13 PM
If you thin it might be adware try downloading AdAware - thats free and will usually kill any adware very swiftly. We run it regularly. As far as popups go - Google toolbar blocks them quite nicely and is also free. I've logged into our account many times today and have never had the SYI form pop up in a nother window. I definitley agree on all the other stuff we have more staff, more fees, have to spend more time, all to ultimatley make much less profit. Rich
Message 3 of 8

in reply to Jul 30, 2004 2:49:39 PM
Mike Get that Google toolbar - its a lifesaver! toolbar.google.com Marsha
Marsha Collier
author, For Dummies series on eBay

Message 4 of 8

in reply to Jul 30, 2004 6:24:11 PM
Mike, I feel your pain. I finally had a chance to review the UPI system with our office manager. She's been working a great deal of time on understanding and using the system. She's shown me the file: we have over 30,000 open complaints going back to May. The page takes forever to open, and it is not searchable for a particular item that I could find. What a horrendous mess. My staff is begging me to quit the NPB / FVF process completely. JAY
Message 5 of 8

in reply to Jul 30, 2004 6:38:37 PM
I don't know if this might help, but eBay does allow automation of NPBs/FVFs with the new process ... in fact, it is even more automated than before the change. You just need to subscribe to Selling Manager Pro to get that automation (I think Selling Manager has it too ...). Personally, that's the only reason I subscribe to that thing ... You will still have to respond manually if the buyer objects or posts a note, but the overwhelming majority don't respond, so it's automated. Also, Selling Manager allows you to search NPBs/FVFs too ... - Marat
Message 6 of 8

in reply to Jul 30, 2004 8:02:26 PM
Jay, My thoughts too were to quit the NPB/FVF/UPI. I think if everyone did that eBay's stock would go up! I just can't bring myself to take another hit because of eBay's "enhancements" to the system. As a side note, somehow my posts are being monitored by the developers of several eBay programs. I know this because I get a phone call immediately after I post anything negative. So... I'd like to send a shout out to Gui, Alan and Matt! Mike
Message 7 of 8

in reply to Jul 31, 2004 1:18:35 PM
Jay, Use this link for the UPI. It will save you much time... http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateDispute Michael
Message 8 of 8
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.