cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping

I just wanted to know if anybody has sold and shipped vinyl records? If so what is the safe and proper way to package and ship them?Any tips are appreciated!!!Thank you!!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

shipping

You can probably get some Fragile or Do Not Bend stickers to put on the package.  Other than that, just package insurance (which you can add when purchasing the tracking label - although check to see if the package automatically comes with enough) and a lot of bubble wrap should do the trick.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

shipping

I deal primarily in vinyl. 

You can get actual record mailers right here on eBay. They average roughly $.50 each https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=record+mailers

The Proper way to pack is like everything else. Make sure all voids are filled, empty space and shifting can cause damage. Records can ship Media Mail which prices in 1# increments so most of the time you will have wiggle room to add cardboard sheets to both stiffen and fill the mailer.  

I have a huge Jumbo mailbox so single records and smaller lots can fit and be out of the weather. Most people you sell to will have a standard mailbox that an LP will not fit in. And a portion of these will not have a sheltered place to put a package. Because of this, I wrap my LPs in tissue paper then cling wrap before putting them in the mailer, just in case of rain at the other end of the journey.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

shipping

UPS has some boxes that are perfect for vinyl records and they're free
Message 4 of 4
latest reply