Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post

Are listings now product pages?

Are listings now product pages?

dhbookds
Rockstar

image.pngNot sure what the top bar....(your pick, new, etc) is meant to do or how the prices are picked.....but the $39 New price is NOT the lowest price for brand new........I'm presuming it is price + shipping and frankly I don't think it's a good idea to combine the price + shipping unless you make it clear that's what the price includes...........

Since there is no product page at the top...........is this how listings will be seen?  a Test? 

A comment......that the add ons would scare me to death.........if I were a new buyer.

I got to this page by clicking on the item in search...........

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Are listings now product pages?

in reply to Jul 7, 2018 9:48:04 AM
Last Edited 09:49:33 AM

im seeing the same thing in parts and accesories right now.  and i see huge issues coming with it.

i dont know how ebay is scrapping the item titles at the top of the listing, but im seeing titles that say they include items that are NOT included in our listings.   and these are parts that are not included with the prop when you buy it from the factory either. 

Message 2 of 45
Untitled.jpg

in reply to Jul 7, 2018 10:22:50 PM
dhbookds
Rockstar

yep, here's one that changes the title into a different strength ......... 2.00 in title....2.50 in reality........

@syedmhaq

This could really hurt a seller........buyer buys on ebay title, seller has no idea it's been changed from their listing? 

image.png

Message 3 of 45

in reply to Jul 7, 2018 11:41:02 PM
ijazzu
Guide

Thank you so much for posting that here @dhbookds  Thank you for the help. I lost that sale tonight after the buyer emailed me about my listing strengths being different. 

here is another example of I'm going through

error 3.JPG

This listing is for Men's Foster Grant Rimless bottom reading glasses 2.75

Top of my listing has Foster Grant compact reading glasses 2.50 clip on case. A totally different style and strength. The options Brand new $12.00 (which my listing is also brand new) sends you to: Foster Grant reading glasses 2.75 w/ case Diana 2 pair,  which are 2 pairs of womens glasses and the make an offer brand new sends you to: Foster Grant reading glasses 2.75 w/ case Jesse 2 pair, which are also womens reading glasses.

I have listing after listing with different strengths listed on top of what I'm actually listing and buyers think I'm listing these items wrong as you can look in my messages to see.

My sales have pretty much stopped and I'm really in need of some help please.

@syedmhaq how can I fix this, is there something I can do on my end.

Message 4 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 4:14:28 AM

Is syed even still here? He hasn't posted anything on the boards since the middle of June.

This is really messed up. I've also seen it a few times when I clicked into a listing from search.

Message 5 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 8:26:08 AM
and the hits just keep on comin`
Message 6 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 11:12:08 AM
Staff
Staff

@dhbookds yes you are correct that product information showing up on listing pages is just a test.

I also hear your feedback and concerns loud and clear @dhbookds @hillbillymedia @readabouthorses @ijazzu @westmichiganpropeller

Issues related with Items being associated to the wrong product or products having wrong information has been reported by concerned sellers like you multiple times. I am working hard to address these issues. In fact we're planning a major release next month to address a lot of these problems.

In the mean time, here are some of the options you have for some immediate relief:

1) From the Product Page, click the "Flag" to let us know that the item doesn't belong on this page:
PRP Flag.jpg
2) In the eBay selling flow, click the "Flag" and report incorrect information on the Product
CUB Flag.jpg
3) Or as a last resort report incorrect product information to sdsupport@ebay.com

Also please continue to inform me about any issues you run into. I'm really your best option to drive broad systemic changes to the experience.

Message 7 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 12:53:38 PM
dhbookds
Rockstar

@syed@ebay

I understand how to correct the product page....with the flags.........  but there is no way to opt out of this listing test problem?   Are you meaning that the sellers have to put up with it until you get it fixed next month/whenever........

if you mean to find the product page associated with the product listing page.....how?  there's no longer a "see more". 

Message 8 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 1:59:39 PM
ijazzu
Guide

@syedmhaq  Thank you for responding, you do understand that buyers have no clue as to Items being associated to the wrong product or products having wrong information. Buyers are assuming the sellers are at fault and are afraid to purchase the actual item in the listing because they are unsure as to what we are selling and are now asking why I have listed two different items.

I'm going to be out of business in a month if my buyers now start returning items as items not as described and I have to pay for returns because buyers don't understand whats going on.

Why do you have to have the first thing a buyer see's in huge bold letters wrong product information at the top. Than in small letters you have the actual listing tittle, why does this have to be the first thing a buyer see's. Why can't you simply put it AFTER and under the actual listing so it's clear to buyers it is not apart of MY listing description. Having this wrong information the FIRST thing a buyer reads when they go to my listings and than have me cover return shipping when they tell me I put +2.00 strength up top of my listing when my listing is for +2.50 strength.

This is what my buyers are emailing:

Hello,
I am very interested in these readers.
However, I am confused by the conflicting numbers shown regarding the power.
At the top of your listing it says +2.00 --
But, within the description, and below the photo it says +2.50 ...?

And this is what is happening with Customer Service:

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service about the transaction that you need to be helped with. We received your pictures but we cannot associate it with any of your transactions.
I am XXXXXX, I am happy to help you resolve this and we need a little more information.
Please reply to this email to let us know more about the transaction.

Many of them are not seeing what buyers and sellers are seeing, so they can't help buyers or sellers.

I now have to contact each buyer before I can ship out to verify what they purchased on top of reporting most of my listings. 

I completely understand you are working very hard to fix this so please can't you just move the placement for now.  I also understand this is just a test but this test is going to cost me a lot of money and buyers. 

Message 9 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 3:19:19 PM
ijazzu
Guide
Last Edited 03:21:36 PM

@syedmhaq   One more VERY IMPORTANT FACT...with reading glasses that are being sold by a large vender. This store is replacing all of the UPC codes with a generic UPC code for all Magnivisions and Foster Grants they sell (you have thousands of sellers getting inventory from them) this generic UPC is used with ALL styles and strengths they sell, which means you will never have one UPC code for each style and strength listed here on eBay and you will be fighting an uphill battle with trying to fix this.

Even the other sellig site has this problem and probably why there link is small and not in your face.

I've been selling readers on eBay for 13 years after Foster Grant bought out Magnivision they auction off there new old stock and the vender that has purchased the bulk of them has placed the generic MAG/Fost UPC codes over the old codes so if you try and remove the new code it takes the old code off so you can't use it.  

I try and go straight to F/G website and see if I can find the original UPC and if I can find it,  it's the same UPC for all strengths in that style. How is the product info ever going to match other then getting lucky?

Message 10 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 3:29:53 PM
lloydsteventaylor
Trailblazer

I saw those too. Most disturbing is that a buyer can choose the lowest price leaving your listing behind even though your listing may be totally different from the lowest price listing. 

Message 11 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 5:08:02 PM
ijazzu
Guide

@syedmhaq

Ok, so now the same listing has a different product listed which is still a different style. When you click on more about this product, it sends you to my item specifics for the actual item I am selling, which are not compact reading glasses. This is another reason why buyers are thinking I'm adding this and it's apart of my description.

product change.JPG

There are no product pages I can find to flag and there is nothing in eBays catalog to report.

Now the products at the top are changing?

unable to report.JPG

1.JPG

I'm going to have use the last resort report incorrect product information to sdsupport@ebay.com

For reasons I have already pointed out, this is not going to get fixed and will be reporting my own listings over and over again which is going to be pointless? I'm going to go crazy spending all my free time reporting my listings that can't be fixed.upside downgrimacingtired face

Message 12 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 5:26:35 PM
dhbookds
Rockstar

Certainly was hoping for a better answer than having to report them one, by one.........  First you have to find them.........only way is to open up each listing......  The seller with the car stuff has over 3000 listings.

Frankly, after the Mea Culpa last wk by Bob K, I really had hopes this kind of stuff would stop........or at least sellers could get an opt out, if the test was obviously adversley affecting them.

Sorry for the problems.........sometimes ebay can be very disappointing........

Message 13 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 5:46:54 PM
Staff
Staff

@dhbookds @ijazzu I realize that reporting these issues one by one is not practical. I’m just giving you a way to address these issues in the immediate term until I can address this issue more holistically.

Message 14 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 5:58:26 PM
dhbookds
Rockstar

I don't usually get blunt @syedmhaq but what you should do is halt the test, and fix it.....many sellers aren't going to know that they have the problem until they see their listings at some point, buyers question it or until a SNAD comes back at them and then they probably will NEVER know what happened..........

Message 15 of 45

in reply to Jul 8, 2018 6:22:08 PM
syed,

If I'm understanding you, this is currently a test. I'm not sure what is being tested, but here's something we DO KNOW: this test is confusing buyers and hurting sellers. I don't know how long the test has been scheduled for, but there is NO reason to continue running a test when we can plainly SEE the HARM it is causing. I agree with dhbookds: end this NOW. Just close down the test. There's nothing more to be gained from this test except more buyer and seller ill will, anxiety and confusion.

REtest it once you have "Solved" the title problem.

But until then, drop it like the hot rock it is.

Please.
Message 16 of 45

in reply to Jul 9, 2018 4:58:01 AM
jaaron7
Thrill-Seeker

@syedmhaq the way to address these issues in the immediate term is to shut down the test until all the issues have been resolved.  ebay can clearing see that it is spewing out incorrect information. 

@syedmhaq wrote:

@dhbookds @ijazzu I realize that reporting these issues one by one is not practical. I’m just giving you a way to address these issues in the immediate term until I can address this issue more holistically.

Message 17 of 45

in reply to Jul 9, 2018 5:58:42 AM
lloydsteventaylor
Trailblazer

@syedmhaq since this is just a test i wanted to chime in with my opinion on a listing i  saw. 382512776127

the product info across the top allows the buyer to move from one listing to another. the problem is that these listings are not for the exact same product. the product is for a 

1956 Topps Mayo Smith #60 Baseball Card

but as i scroll through the choices at the top the listings are different and in different conditions. one is in vg/vgex another in good and another in nm/mint(graded).  and if you scroll through the listings and choose about this product it only takes you to the description for each listing and not a product description. 

if i do a search for the product title i get 291 listings in the search results. its not clear why the 5 listings were chosen to include as representative for the product on the listing page. 

Message 18 of 45

in reply to Jul 9, 2018 6:59:10 AM
libihealth-usa
Adventurer
Last Edited 07:00:27 AM

We have run into this problem.  Our listing is for one bottle. The new included (test) title is for 3 bottles. This is a listing that sold for us Thursday night. I tried to call the dedicated reps Friday morning around 7am to report it however, the wait time was pushing 40min so I hung up. sigh...

This is not good. I really hope that eBay will protect our accounts due to false INR's. I've seen more of our listings that the (test) is displaying the wrong color and sizes of products too. What a mess Smiley Sad

001.jpg

Message 19 of 45

in reply to Jul 9, 2018 7:38:54 AM
thatsallfolks
Rockstar

@syedmhaq wrote:

The way to address the issue in the immediate term is to STOP THE TEST. The software is clearly not ready for a production environment. This isn't an inconvenience like view counters not working; this is a major failure. 

Message 20 of 45