cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified Noritake Pattern?

I had a friend contact me about a full 12 person set with no pieces missing, from what I can research the pattern was maybe made during 1918-1921 based on the back stamp. Other than that I can't find this exact pattern only ones that look like it.  Not only did they ask for identification they also want to know value and worth. I can not find out this info so I thought I would reach out to the community for help.

You guys help me personally a lot and I always appreciate it so much. If anyone has any information or can direct to a website that might help I'd be so grateful. I have looked on many many websites including hyperlinks from the Noritake website. To have a piece appraised is 100$ per piece so that's not an option unfortunately. I figured I'd reach out to you guys to see if anyone can help with the dating, the pattern and possibly the worth. 

If you has this whole set what would you list it for? Would you just use comparison pieces for information on pricing or do you feel you need to know the exact pattern before listing it? I have learned there are many Noritake patterns that have no names or ways to identify them. Thank you for reading and helping. 

Here's a few pictures 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There is a replacements website that will try to find your pattern for free. You just have to fill out a form online and post some photos. It is a good resource for IDing things. I put Green Floral and Cream in the search engine for Noritake and there is 16 pages. I've been flipping through them, so far I haven't found it. Alot of them are similar. I don't usually sell whole sets of dishes, but it depends on what it is. With Noritake I've found that certain items can sell very well, like gravy boats or covered dishes. For plates and bowls I will sell them in sets of 4 or 6 usually. Shipping can be so high for an entire set of dishes, and often people need only certain pieces. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The replacement site has it listed as pattern N267.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

let's remind that the number is replacements ID number, not Noritakes number.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I answered earlier but must have forgotten to send it. I also found N267 but was worried that the pieces on the replacements site look a little scalloped. I can't tell if yours are.
Janet
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH I'VE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH PAGES AND PAGES TOO!!!

Sorry for the caps but think of it as excitement and a virtual hug saying thank you lol. 

You guys are so **bleep** smart I hope to have as much knowledge as some of you do. 

Last question, the N267 probably means this pattern has no name? Thank you guys so much. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Not sure if it has no name, or if it is just unknown at this time. Like md said, the site just gave it a designation because they didn't know the original pattern name or number. I see the scalloping, too, now, though the pattern looks right, the shape may be different than yours.  I'm not sure if it would have another name/number in a smooth shape or not, confounded

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I just wanted to post a reminder that Noritake, and many other dinnerware companies doing business in the early to middle part of the last century didn't always name their pattern at the factory.  Jobbers/importers here in the U.S. also didn't necessarily name patterns in their catalogs, just giving them a catalog number to facilitate ordering.  Sometimes particularlly popular patterns were named either by the wholesaler or retailer, or even by consumers.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply