cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Glass Thing: What, Who, When?

Picked this up at a thrift store recently because it looked to be old and unusual. I've never seen a piece of what I'm assuming is tableware that had a glass ring on the end. I think it's a serving piece but to serve what?

It measures just shy of 9" long counting the ring, 4.5" at its widest part, and stands 1.5" high.

And help on the what, who, when wil be greatly appreciated.

Looking into it.Looking into it.The undersideThe undersideAcrossAcrossNarrow end  underside near ringNarrow end underside near ring

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Anyone?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Spoon rest ? Good Luck to you.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

It might be a spoon rest if it was a large cooking spoon. But I don't understand what the ring is for.  And it is set on rather crooked

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I think it must be a serving tray for something. A bit big for a nappy. Do you think it is pressed or cut? Maybe  a novelty piece?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I think it is pressed. And I don't know what else it could other than a serving tray. I can see it holding olives. The ring threw me off, have never seen that done on a pressed glass serving piece, but what do I know? Smiley Surprised

I was hoping someone would recognize the pattern & maker. But the piece is probably too obscure.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It looks like a large glass shoe horn! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@kerrberry wrote:

It looks like a large glass shoe horn! Smiley Very Happy

Hah-hah, good one.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply