cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need More Info and Help with this Haviland Bowl

I purchased a gorgeous Haviland bowl, but I'm having trouble with the marks. In combing through my Schleiger books, I found that this is likely an undocumented pattern/blank. The Blank is 213 which is blank 205 with gold. However, in one of her later books, Dona Schleiger amended it to add blank 213A which is the same blank only with green trim.

The green trim is described as applied exactly like the red trim on this bowl. So I'm thinking maybe I just added 213B? But the problem is with the marks. In the photos you can see that the word Trianon is written which (according to Dona Schleiger and the R site) turns out to be a completely different pattern than this. And the numbers 13354 are the Haviland product numbers which don't turn up anywhere. Also, would this be a Salesman's Sample?? So, my questions are: salesman's sample? what does Trianon mean here? Here's the photos, TY!

DSCF9890.jpgDSCF9892.jpgDSCF9896.jpgDSCF9902.jpgDSCF9904.jpg

Pam
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hope this helps a little. In Haviland; The Age Of Elegance, page 12, there is a salesman's sample pictured and it says that the numbers are the stock mumber and under that is the name of the blank and then the price. While it is a plate that is shown it does explain what the markings are.
Also, the green underglaze mark is Mark H and dates 1888-1896 while the red mark is a decorator matk, dating 1905-1931, encompassing both American and French decorators.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Forgot to mention the book was written by Nora Travis and is an excellent reference.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks leather!  I have that book and forgot to look in it.  I'm now convinced that this bowl is a salesman's sample.  I seem to remember being told that the price is expressed by the "tariff" which I interpreted as a price list of sorts.  So T.32 would let the salesman know what price list to reference.  The 13354 is the pattern designation or inventory number, but I can't find that anywhere.  The Schleiger books have a list of what she was able to uncover, but this one is not included.  Mr. Google turned up nothing.  The Trianon thing has me stumped too.  I don't know what that means and it's not the pattern if I can believe my books and the R site.  Trianon is supposed to be Scheiger 937, totally different.  Maybe trianon is some kind of "hasn't been named yet" designation.  Guessing from the anon part.  Thanks a lot, that was helpful.

Pam
Message 4 of 4
latest reply